Product Review: Certain Dry Solid AntiPerspirant

certain dri antiperspirant
One of the things we were given at the We Blog Conference was a sample of Certain Dri Solid Antiperspirant. I had never heard of this brand before, but it claims to stop excessive perspiration and I was interested to see if it REALLY held up to it's stated promise of 72 HOUR protection!

Antiperspirants are the choice for controlling wetness, since the most common active ingredients, aluminum compounds, block the pores to inhibit the release of sweat and help absorb odor-causing moisture. However, for some people they don't work, and for others, they don't work well enough.If you live in the deep south, you can guarantee if it's not a super duper one, it flat out WON'T work!

Certain Dri Solid Anti-Perspirant contains 25% aluminum sesquichlorohydrate (Anhydrous). It is the only over-the-counter antiperspirant with this ingredient, which is more effective than the aluminum zirconium formula found in over-the-counter solid antiperspirants that are labeled “clinical strength.”
Because of this therapeutic ingredient, Certain Dri is used differently from all other antiperspirants--
it is applied sparingly at bedtime, and it will not wash off after bathing/showering, and should give you coverage for 72 HOURS.

As you know if you're a regular reader, we have been having excessively humid days down here in Louisiana and this past weekend was spent putting together a wooden swing set. Couple that with 80 degree plus days and you have a recipe for excessive perspiration (no glowing here, full on sweat time!). Oh and did I mention that the work ac is 50/50 on days with keeping up with the heat? Yup, toil and trouble....

I started using Certain Dri on Monday and it does seem odd putting it on at night, but having used another brand's sample while on vacation last year, I know it does help with these type of super protectors, so I was diligent!  i can assure you that Certain Dri WORKS.

PERIOD.

In being outside for 2 days straight, I did NOT have to wring out my clothes when we came in either day. Did I sweat, yes? Hello- 80+ and humidity=it's gonna happen no matter what. BUT I did NOT sweat profusely or as much as I did when we painted the house in same temps! AND after taking a shower I still felt protected and was able to go back out in the heat and not come back in all sweaty again! So yes, it works and stays on through a shower.

Now did I go for 72 hours without reapplying this week? NO, I only went 48 hours. But guess what- 48 hours was just fine- it WORKED. And my logic is if it worked for 48, it should work for 72, as I was at work in the iffy ac!

Certain Dri is available at all major large discount, grocery and drug stores. It is also available in a roll-on for those of you who prefer that version! At under $6 I think it's a super steal! AND I'm going to be switching from my normal deoderant (which frankly seems to have had the formula doctored with so much, it no longer works like it used to (everybody's complaining)) to Certain Dri. I'd rather pay almost the SAME amount for something that actually does what it says it will!






certain dri contest logo


AND Certain Dri is hosting a super sweepstakes right now! Through August 31, you can enter to win one of THREE shopping sprees, plus a years supply of Certain Dri! The grand prize is a $1,000 shopping spree, 2nd place is a $500 shopping spree, and third place is a $250 shopping spree. So hurry on over and enter and then go pick up your own Certain Dri to try for yourself!



Disclosure: This antperspirant were given to me free of charge, as part of a Swag bag for the We Blog Conference, by DSE Healthcare Solutions. I was not given any compensation for this review, other than the free deoderant, nor told how to review it.