It's Cookie Time!

This weekend we had a Mommy n Me day and we started by going to Creative Cookies in Slidell, LA
for some cookie decorating!

The concept is really great- they have pre-baked sugar cookies and they put the first coat of tinted royal icing on, so it is hard by the time you come in. Then you can decorate them with food dye pens, sprinkles, candies, etc, that they have available at their cookie decorating station!

As we hadn't called ahead (didn't realize it was necessary for a Saturday session, didn't say it on website/ad), we only had a yellow butterfly and a bag of small cookies to decorate. 
Didn't phase my daughter- a cookie is a cookie!
decorating butterfly cookie
Word of caution- the food dye pens are hard to get off little hands with regular soap- I used some hand sanitizer first and the alcohol helped to get most of it off, then the soap got the rest!

We had a bag of royal icing to use as glue- as daughter tends to get a little crazy with that, 
I handled putting down the 'glue' for her.
finished butterfly cookie
As you can she she got a little creative with the bling! But it was cute!

Then she started on the little cookies- there wasn't alot of room, 
but she got creative on her combinations! 
Anyone for a fruit lifesaver gummy topped with a jelly bean or Skittles sugar cookie??

We were there about 35 minutes and she had a blast! I put the cookies in my own rubbermaid container and carried them around with us all day (fun, fun, fun, LOL) due to the heat (95 and 89% humidity!), I knew they'd die in the truck! 
The store was only open from 10-12 on Saturdays, so we had to go there first!

Daughter declared it a fun time and wants to go back!  Pricing was not bad at all, and I will definitely bring daughter and her cousins back for a playdate there!

The store has great cakes and matching cookie platters for showers and parties, and
based on the designs I saw in the store, I would highly recommend them
for either, as they can match your invites EXACTLY, and 
their prices on cakes and cookie platters were excellent!




Disclosure: I bought the cookies on my own, and all thoughts and comments are also my own, and are based on our experience with the product. I was not told how to review them by Creative Cookies, nor offered any compensation for the post!

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail