Mailbox Tuesday: Dove Damage Hair Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

If you've been reading this blog for any period of time, you know I am on a never ending search for great hair care products that can deal with my thick curly hair in Lousiana's severe humidity! Not to mention the fact that I dye my hair every 4-6 weeks- I've got a multitude of 'hair sins' to take care of!

So when the opportunity came to try Dove's new Damage Therapy Intensive Repair shampoo and conditioner, I was eager to try them!

I received the usual small packets which are great for one shampoo when you have shoulder length or longer hair.So I didn't think I'd be able to make a great review after only one use, but I decided to judge what I could judge, so to speak.

dove intensive repair
Dove claims their system is an advanced damage care and repair system:
  • Fiber actives deeply penetrate porous hair to help reconstruct it from within.
  • Formula with patented micro moisture serum strengthens and nourishes hair from root to tip.
  • Leaves hair strengthened and resilient to future damage without weighing it down.
Hmmmm..sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Boy did I UNDERESTIMATE these products!

Seriously- my hair felt like it did BEFORE I started dying it waaaaay back! it was soft, silky, no split ends in sight, AND it laid FLAT. Yup- humidity be gone! It was absolutely amazing! Now I used it 3 days BEFORE I dyed my hair and I could not believe how well it kept my hair under control even when I dyed it. Seriously- almost a week later and my hair is STILL silky soft and manageable! I am sold! 

I am thinking of using these products at least once a month, maybe twice in 6 weeks. I think they will really help in off-setting the damage from the humidity, using a flat iron on my hair and from dying my hair.

If you have problem hair, or damaged hair, you might want to give them a try yourself!

And right now, you can still get samples of the Intensive Repair Hair and/or the Daily Moisturizing Conditioners on the Dove site!



Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I received these samples, free of charge, from Dove, for personal use, the same as anyone else could have requested from them. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to review it.