Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward Adopt-a-Classroom Program

This is one of those posts that I kept forgetting to go back to and finish, until somebody who realized I had NOT done one, called me out! So thanks to my fellow WeBlogger, Lindsay at Laughing Lindsay, I am getting the post done better late than never, so to speak (as today is the LAST day for entries!).

Our wonderful friend Shanaka, from Thrifty Mama B, has virtually sent me her weird virus (thanks SO much for that darlin'!) and I am making this post short, as I really am having trouble concentrating and typing at the same time!

We were lucky this year and didn''t have to really purchase back to school supplies for Preschool (K-3 as her school like's to call it), other than a different mat than the one we had already purchased (natch) and pillow case for it, 2 packs of copier paper and travel pillow/case.

elmer's virtual bag


BUT I can NOT avoid a back-to-school sale. It's weird, I know. Even when I was single I would hit them. Yeah, I was the kid who LIKED school, you guessed? But Mom gave me a great idea of stocking up at the Back-to School sale at Walmart (why is there no dash between Wal and mart anymore, can someone tell me???) for CHRISTMAS.

Yup- those 19 cent crayon packs, 20 cent glue sticks, 25 cents glue bottles, 50 cent construction paper packs, are going to make kiddo quite happy on Christmas day when she sees an 'ART BOX" with her name on it, fully stocked! I also bought pencils, sharpeners (I know how small kids can be with them), lined paper to practice her letters, more scissors, colored pencil type crayons and a pen box to put them all in! All in all I probably spent less than $12, but would have spent easily $30 had I not bought during back to school sale time!  Oh and for the record, I have EIGHT, yes EIGHT bottles of Elmer's glue, and FOUR gluesticks, in the Christmas present tub (aka storage where kiddo can't find them!)!  I know we'll be needing them ALL year!

Kudos to Elmer's for their Adopt-a-Classroom Program! Thanks for letting me help you make a difference!

FYI== the rules for this post were:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
* Copy and paste these rules into your blog post or Facebook note.
* Create a post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
* Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
* Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
* Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
* Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by September 10,2010).
* Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.

Disclosure: I was offered nothing in personal compensation for this post. This post is made only to add an entry to the Elmer's Adopt-a-Classroom program. I was NOT told what to say, all comments are my own.