What Have I Been Up to This Past Week?

AKA, why have I not blogged more!

This has been a creative week for me!

market bag
1. If you read the previous post you saw that I finally (so so sorry Cheryl- I finally got my sewing machine working right ) finished a Sewing Pattern review of the Paradiso Designs market Bag.


Turkey

2. Well kiddo saw that I was sewing again and decided she needed a Turkey Dress for Thanksgiving Day.

RIGHT, just out of the blue....SIGH.. Naturally, no available turkey fabric in my stash or in fabric stores (that are 40 minutes away- yes I am a devoted mother- LOL). So Plan B, we made a turkey out of some cute fabrics and attached to a denim jumper dress she already had. It was a little on the short side, so also added a matching ruffle in the orange dotted fabric (bottom not shown in pix above, sorry!), that I had a math failure on and under cut. So instead of ruffle, it's more of a band....SIGH, it works, kiddo's happy, and IF I have time, I'll get some zig zag stitches around the turkey this week!


funfetti cookie mix3. Kiddo had her school Thanksgiving/Grandparents pageant this week. Her FIRST time up on stage! After the pageant, we all went back to the rooms for refreshments and goodies. I didn't realize they needed a room mom, till 6 days before, so no time to bake a cake for 90 people, but kiddo and I made up some Cookie Pops using Pillsbury's Boxed Sugar Funfetti Cookie Mix (instructions on the back of the box!) and Funfetti Vanilla Frosting.
(Sorry- should have taken pix before I put the Press n Seal (isn't that stuff just 
THE product of the decade???) on, but I forgot til the last minute!

You'll be happy to note that not only did they taste great, the kids LOVED them, AND most importantly they were peanut free (totally), as kiddo has a highly allergic boy in her class. We called Pillsbury's 800 number and confirmed before opening and using them. VERY handy!

And yes, Kiddo did VERY well on stage! YEAH- more pix of that coming up later this week!

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail