** this giveaway is closed **
Synopsis: A shocking act of terror brings the Middle East to the point of explosion. As the resulting political conflict threatens to erupt, a young Jewish-American lawyer joins the defense team of an arrested but possibly innocent Palestinian. Soon the lawyer's father, a famed criminal attorney, must win the Palestinian's case or risk losing his daughter forever. To do so, he must take into account the tormented history of the Holy Land from every possible angle.
THE TRIALS OF ZION combines the tension of the greatest courtroom dramas with the action of a fast-moving thriller, all set against the colorful backdrop of one of the most complex cultural settings in the world. Filled with memorable characters, this novel offers readers not only compelling suspense, but a panoramic view of the history of a beloved and bitterly contested land, and a sharply controversial perspective on the sources of--and the possible solutions to--the world's longest and most crucial international crisis.
About the Author: Alan M. Dershowitz is a professor at Harvard Law School and a noted appellate lawyer and columnist. He has represented such clients as Claus von Bülow, O. J. Simpson, Anatoly Shcharansky, Michael Milken, Mia Farrow, and Mike Tyson. He lectures widely on legal and religious issues, appears frequently on television and radio, and is the author of the number one bestseller Chutzpah, as well as Supreme Injustice, Reversal of Fortune, The Abuse Excuse, Just Revenge, The Genesis of Justice, The Advocate's Devil, and Reasonable Doubts: The Criminal Justice System and the O. J. Simpson Case.
Synopsis: A shocking act of terror brings the Middle East to the point of explosion. As the resulting political conflict threatens to erupt, a young Jewish-American lawyer joins the defense team of an arrested but possibly innocent Palestinian. Soon the lawyer's father, a famed criminal attorney, must win the Palestinian's case or risk losing his daughter forever. To do so, he must take into account the tormented history of the Holy Land from every possible angle.
THE TRIALS OF ZION combines the tension of the greatest courtroom dramas with the action of a fast-moving thriller, all set against the colorful backdrop of one of the most complex cultural settings in the world. Filled with memorable characters, this novel offers readers not only compelling suspense, but a panoramic view of the history of a beloved and bitterly contested land, and a sharply controversial perspective on the sources of--and the possible solutions to--the world's longest and most crucial international crisis.
About the Author: Alan M. Dershowitz is a professor at Harvard Law School and a noted appellate lawyer and columnist. He has represented such clients as Claus von Bülow, O. J. Simpson, Anatoly Shcharansky, Michael Milken, Mia Farrow, and Mike Tyson. He lectures widely on legal and religious issues, appears frequently on television and radio, and is the author of the number one bestseller Chutzpah, as well as Supreme Injustice, Reversal of Fortune, The Abuse Excuse, Just Revenge, The Genesis of Justice, The Advocate's Devil, and Reasonable Doubts: The Criminal Justice System and the O. J. Simpson Case.
Review: You need to walk into this book with an open mind, let me say that first!
If you do, you will not only get a great history lesson and view that we don;t normally get this side of the pnd, but you will get an excellent suspense read! I have never read any of Dershowitz's books before (meant to, just never did), and I'm glad I did read this one! The characters are very engaging and I can see where the author could get a couple of books in a series easily by bringing them back. AND it would be a series I would read!
If you have any history/mystery buff in your house, they'll love this book for its fast paced action and thorough historical research!
Contest will end on December 12th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on December 13th, and emailed. As soon as winner's info is received, I will mail their package out to them within the week!
If you do, you will not only get a great history lesson and view that we don;t normally get this side of the pnd, but you will get an excellent suspense read! I have never read any of Dershowitz's books before (meant to, just never did), and I'm glad I did read this one! The characters are very engaging and I can see where the author could get a couple of books in a series easily by bringing them back. AND it would be a series I would read!
If you have any history/mystery buff in your house, they'll love this book for its fast paced action and thorough historical research!
Giveaway
Winner will receive this review copy of The Trials of Zion!
Entries:
Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!
USA/ Canada
3 day winner's rule : Winner has 3 days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place.
Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 posts for Subscribing:
- Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Follow BTHM on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow BTHM on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow BTHM on Network Blogs (1 entry)
- Subscribe to this blog (BTHM) (2 entries)
- Signed up for the New Year, New Self Program on this Blog on the Original Post (2 entries)
- Stumble this post/giveaway (2 entries)
- Have the “New Year, New Self Program” Button on your blog (2 entries)
- Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" Button on your blog or website (2 entries)
- Tweet about this contest (3 entries), please include @BTHM1 in your tweet! (this can be done DAILY for 3 entries PER day)
- Blog about this giveaway (4 entries)
Contest will end on December 12th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on December 13th, and emailed. As soon as winner's info is received, I will mail their package out to them within the week!
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book from Hachette Publishing, free of charge, for review purposes. No other compensation,
monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was
I told how to post about it.
