I heard the 12 Days of Christmas on the radio today and I found myself singing the local New Orleans Benny Grunch 12 Yats of Christmas version instead!
Once it's in your head, you can't get it out. Sing with me now:
Once it's in your head, you can't get it out. Sing with me now:
- 1. On'da foist day'a Christmas mah
- Mawmaw gave'to me a Crawfish'dey
- Caught in Arabi
2. In'da Christmas Picayune I seen it- Dere'n Section E, Tujaque's Recipe
3. On'da thoid day' a Christmas we
Stopped at McKenzie for Three French Breads (ain't there no more)
4. On the fourth day I said OK let's get a- Christmas tree Before'ya Drive Me Nuts
5. On the fifth day of Christmas we- stopped at A&G for Frrried Onion Rrrings
6. On'da sixth day'a Christmas we- stopped at K&B's for a Six Pack'a Dixie (ain't there no more)
7. Cemetery traffic got backed up to- Metairie at the Seventeenth Street Canal
8. On'da eighth day of Christmas me and- Rosalie Ate By'ya Mama's
9. On the ninth day of Christmas we drove- down Delery in'da Lower Ninth Ward
10. I used'ta be at Kaiser now I'm woikin- down'da street at'da Tenneco Chalmette Refinery
11. On the eleventh day at Vetran's- Highway try'ta cross the street with Eleven Schwegmann Bags (ain't there no more)
12. On the twelfth day of Christmas my- true love gave to me a Dozen Manuel's Tamales
( Lyrics in the video too!)
