Itsy Bitsy Bikini? Say WHAT?

Soap

Ok, first off I am a firm believer in modesty for kids. I do NOT think my 3 year old needs to look like she's 12. I WANT her to look like she's 3, because she IS 3. She's going to grow up quick enough as it is, why as a parent would I push that issue? The reason why we tend to buy kiddo more expensive lines of clothing, is because they don't have "Juicy" or "too sweet" on the butts of the pants, and actually are AGE appropriate for a pre-schooler.

So when I click over to The Mini Social to check out today's offerings, I got seriously APPALLED at the Eberjey "swimsuits" available. Oh don't get me wrong, they have some decent one pieces and sun top 2 pieces, But TWENTY TWO itsy bitsy teeny tiny bikinis, for kids UNDER 10? Seriously- look at the product picture:
eberjey bikini

I facilitated back and forth between offended, shocked and appalled. 
Then I thought, these suits would be a pedophiles DREAM. EEWWWWWWWW

Now I'm sorry if I offend anybody, but really, does your FIVE year old need a bikini, that is so small when bunched up it would be 1/2 cp. in measurement? WHY slather her in SPF45? You apparently don't really care about the sun exposure, or you would have bought a 1 piece or sun shirt, right?  Do you really want to make her a pedophiles dream child? EEEEWWWWW....If you want a SWIMMING suit, just look at professional swimmers- they were ONE pieces. So that excuse doesn't hold up either!

This is where it starts- if you give a 5 year old a itsy bitsy bikini, what are you going to say when she's TEN and running around in halter top and mini skirt, and there's a long line of boys trailing her? Cover up? HELLO- she's going to think it's perfectly acceptable. When did parents stop being parents and saying NO my 5 year old does NOT need to look like a college coed, but a FIVE year old?

Anyhoo, just my rant for the day....

So we won't be buying ANY of those swimsuits, what do YOU think?

Comments

  1. i agree, it's ridiculous. both my kids (a boy and a girl) will be in long sleeve sun shirts to protect them from harmful uv rays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand the whole logic behind these teeny tiny bikinis for our young daughters. It is sick. I will stick with one pieces or tankinis for mine. Like Beau said as well, that is way to much skin exposure for those harmful rays as well. Big fat #fail on companies who make these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree... I have a 1 year old and definitely don't want her dressed like that!! I fell like I am more paranoid when it comes to stuff like this because I have worked with Juvenile sex offenders... I just know too much and don't want the slightest thought provoked like that!!! topping in from Thursdays Friends Cafe! Followed, LIked on FB, and subscribed... I would also follow on Twitter but I am maxed out at the moment(I need more followers).
    You blog design is so cute~ Love the buttons and awards!!
    ~Melissa
    http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
    http://www.facebook.com/KUWTR

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I felt when my step-daughter came to our house with "bootylicious" across her butt. She was 10 at the time. Of course, her mother has no morals, so what did I expect. I am more than against parading children around for pedophiles to get their thrill. I don't understand how some mom's could possibly think that a tiny bikini should have any part in a baby's wardrobe. And shame on people that sell that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment