There are times when I REALLY miss living in So Cal- the Los Angeles Festival of Books is definitely one of them!
The festival runs Saturday April 30th and Sunday May 1st and takes place at the USC campus (aka Mom's college, or NOT University of South Carolina, BUT University of Southern California!), in Los Angeles. And the best part? It's FREE!!!!!!!!!! How many times can you say that in today's world?
Check out the list of authors attending- I'm sure you'll find some favorites of yours (like Mary Higgins Clark, AND her daughter Carol!) , AND your kids (including Madeline's John Bemelmans Marciano) ! The list is like a who's who! If there is one thing I absolutely adored as a child, it was getting to meet my favorite authors- they were like super heroes to me!
Also partaking in the festival is Chapman University, aka Dad's alma mater!If you go to the festival, check out their booth for book signings and appearances, including a special children’s book hour, and former president of Disneyland, Jack Lindquist! I am so psyched that I will be getting to review his NEW book, In Service to the Mouse, very soon, thanks to Mom Fuse! Chapman has a new interactive project, Join the Conversation, that is perfect for kids. Plus they will have fun freebies kids will love!
AND to help you partake if you don't live near L.A., I'm hosting a special kid's book giveaway tomorrow, from one of the author's at the show! So stay tuned!
Shhh- want some bonus entries?
Look at the author's list above and tell me your favorite TWO authors, and I'll give you TWO extra entries on ALL book giveaways this week AND during May! Just make sure you comment below with the authors names! Then you can use LA BOOK FEST #1/#2 as your extra entries!
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info for posting on my blog, and the offer of a book for review and a book for giveaway from American Pop Digitial PR via Mom Fuse.No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about the products.

LA BOOK FEST #1 #2,
ReplyDeleteMark Kurlansky
Lisa See
saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com
Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark are great!.
ReplyDeletelkish77123 at gmail dot com