that literally drove me NUTS this week:
Websites that have their CONTACT US info on the freakin BOTTOM of the page.
I was working on updating a resource book at work (oh yeah, lucky me), and after the 2nd day of trying to find numbers, faxe numbers and emails, on countless webpages, you guys probably heard my screams of frustration.
Was the contact info tab on top? Nope
On the left side bar tabs? Nope
On the right side bar tabs? Nope
ALL the way on the VERY bottom page, in little itty bitty witty print, was a hyperlink to the contact page.
So not only did I have to HUNT for the info, then I had to click over to another page. And, oh wait for it, HALF of them didn't believe I REALLY wanted a PHONE number, so I had to scroll down web contact pages to get to a tab to CLICK to find out a freakin PHONE NUMBER.
Now I know most people email, but when you've had a little thing like a cat 4 HURRICANE, you will barely have sat phones, you can forget internet. So Yes, I freakin NEEDED phone numbers......
SIGH...............
Sometimes technology can be a royal pain.........
Lesson learned- if you have a website- put you contact info, or tab, on the TOP of the page!!!!!
PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I feel better now..........

I prefer to see it both places, actually. I want an easy way to find the info. One of my favorite websites is the worst - I have to go through FOUR pages/links to get the contact info I need! And some don't even post current info!
ReplyDelete@Taleah
ReplyDeleteEEK 4 pages? that is bad!