Strawberry Shortcake DVDs Review

PuttinOnTheGlitzDVDI was really apprehensive when I heard they were "modernizing" Strawberry Shortcake, one of my childhood favs, and making her "older" and more suitable to pre-tweens (AUCK- that term exists? Oy vey!). So I made sure to check out some of the sample videos online, before I let Kiddo watch the shows on video.

I have to admit I was very happy to see that the essence of Strawberry Shortcake has been kept- EVERY show has a theme and a moral lesson, that is perfectly in keeping with how we are raising Kiddo. And while, they do get glammed up, the girls take care of each other and each have their own business that helps the community, of which they are very conscientous about. So you have to be happy with that combo- your daughter is getting beauty and brains!

You can't miss these dvds, with their bright pink cases! Plus I like that they are only $10 a piece, making them afforable for kids to buy with their allowances!

We've bought Kiddo some of the small Strawberry Shortcake dolls as well, and other than the overwhelming fruit smell, they are cute and she loves using them in her new dollhouse.

Now if I can JUST get their theme song OUT of my head, I'll count the day a success!

Comments