Mailbox Tuesday: Clairol Nice n Easy Color Blend Foam Hair Color

clairol nice n easy foam haircolor
Recently I was able to snag a coupon for a FREE box of the new Clairol Nice n Easy Color Blend Foam Hair Color off Facebook. I know- woo hoo- $7-$9 saved!


As I alternate between brands, I figured this would be a great way to try the foam and see how it was, with no cost to me- always the BEST way to try a new hair color!


I went with Medium Golden Brown (like the box on the left), which USUALLY gives me a medium brown with lots of gold and red highlights. Ok, so far so good, I have a color in my normal range. Now onto coloring my hair!


1. The instructions tell you to shake the bottle THREE times, then let mixture settle. Done.
2. Next squeeze the bottle to fill half your palm with foam. Not so well- half foam, half running dye. ARGH! Plus once you have started, having to squeeze the bottle, not the top is VERY aggravating, when it's RUNNING. .
3. Apply foam all over your head for effortless hair color, that is drip free. OK dokey, right. NOT. I still had half the bottle as NOT foam. Thus I was having to squeeze the bottle ONTO my head, so the dye wouldn't go everywhere. I much prefer my bowl and brush method at this point. Then there's the smell. AUCK. I would rather have a chemical dye smell. Seriously!
4. Wait 25 minutes, rinse and conditioner with one of the 2 provided packets. Ok dokey, it rinsed out fairly well, and conditioner definitely softened my hair SOME, but it did NOT get rid of the weird smell. Glad there was a second packet for the next wash. 


Further good news/bad news- color was MUCH darker that it should have been. Try DARK brunette with red tones. However, it gave a great all over color with highlights and undertones. BUT those hard to dye white hairs? As the foam doesn't absorb as much as regular dye, they did not all take, even thought I did them first. SIGH. 50/50 on this one.


I knew I would be flattening my hair for the crawfish boil on Saturday, so I was hoping my Chi silk infusion would help. It did- it softened my hair AND got rid of the yucky smell. Now days later, the color still looks good, but I haven't washed it yet (a plus when flat ironing!). It will be interesting to see if there is any loss of color.


Right now I will NOT be buying this product again, I was very disappointed in a) the color that did NOT match the box, b) how the product was designed (aka squeezing the bottle itself) and c) lack of 100% foam, making it messy and not providing adequate coverage of white hairs. They had a great idea, but the result did not live up to expectations.


I also snagged a free box of John Freida foam hair color, so it will be interesting in about 4 weeks to compare it to this foam hair color!






Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I received this product, free of charge, from Clairol, as a Facebook Giveaways. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to review it. Like any health and beauty product, my experience may be different than yours..

Comments

  1. I also had a coupon for the free box of Nice n Easy foam. The color was also darker than my normal. I was not happy with it and won't use it again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment