Book Review and Giveaway: I'm Kind of a Big Deal (And Other Delusions of Adequacy) by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor

** This giveaway is closed **


Photobucket


Stefanie is one of my favorite writers, and guaranteed to lift your spirits! Her books, 

Naptime Is the New Happy Hour and Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay, pretty much got me thru the first 18 months of Kiddo's life- I realized she had been there, gotten the t-shirt and lived to tell about it! So I was thrilled to be able to review her latest book, sharing her life BEFORE kids!



Synopsis: WARNING TO READERS:


The Author of This Book is Kind of Crazy, Kind of Delusional, and All Kinds of Hilarious

Whether she’s driving a limo for former Family Ties star Justine Bateman, dancing in the dark for a rarely seen Bob Dylan music video, or stalking a bachelor reject from TV’s Love Connection, Stefanie Wilder-Taylor is kind of a big deal—at least in her own mind. 


Smart, screwy, and scathingly funny, her tell-all essays capture every cringe-worthy moment of her kind-of famous life. From bombing as a stand-up comic for born-again Christians, to winging it as a singing waitress in an Italian restaurant, to posting open letters to Angelina Jolie and David Hasselhoff, this unstoppable L.A. transplant refuses to give up on her dreams—no matter how ill-advised—and shows us a side of Hollywood better kept hidden. When it comes to funny women—unplugged and unleashed—they don’t get any wilder than Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. . . 


You can read an excerpt, about her days driving Justine Bateman around,  on her blog!

About the Author: Stefanie says: "I am a writer, comedian and all around really special person. I mean, seriously special. A lot of people have told me I’m special, and I don’t argue with them because I don’t like confrontation. Once you have been told you’re special and it really sinks in there’s almost nothing you can’t do. Like watch TV or make a Smart Ones in the microwave. This is just the tip of the iceberg, people. I like to write about my babies and my journey through quitting drinking although I normal refrain from using words like “journey.” 



I’ve been featured on Oprah, Dr. Phil (with mustache), The Today Show, 20/20, Larry King Live, and many more. I’m always willing to opine about any issue in the news parenting or otherwise. I’m just a gal who can’t keep her trap shut."

Stefanie keeps herself very busy with twin toddler girls, a preschool age daughter and an active online poker addiction. Check out her website, Baby on Board, for more craziness!

Review: I Love Stephanie's books, so NO surprise I loved this one too! You know with chapter headings like : I Hate Bob Dylan, How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb, and Drink,Drank, Drunk, you're gonna have classic Stefanie humor! I was rolling in laughter at her Hi Angie chapter of 'letters' to Angelina Jolie. I think EVERY mother will be able to relate to that one for sure- from 'WOW she makes it looks so easy' to the thought of 'enough, you're making the rest of us look bad'!


It was interesting to read about Stefanie's dealings with her father and how that brought her to a career in comedy and TV. Her episodes around auditioning and writing for reality tv are hysterically funny, and really give you a could idea about how staged some of those shows are! If you like funny, satorical memoirs, this is the book for you! Plus it's perfect for reading by the pool, or one chapter at a time (perfect for those with busy Summer schedules!). 

Giveaway:
Winner will receive thIs review copy of I'm Kind of a Bid Deal!

 Entries:
Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!   
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA /CANADA ONLY 

3 day winner's rule : Winner has days to acknowledge they won prize,

and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 

  Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 comments for Subscribing: 
     Some entries have been combined on one line, check carefully
  • Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect (1 entry) 
  • Follow me on TwitterFacebook or Networked Blogs (1 entry for EACH)
  • Fun entry! Go to our Blog Rolls and select a blog that starts with the same letter as your email. let me know the title of one of their posts on their main page! (2 entries)
  • Subscribe to this blog (2 entries) 
  • Share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter (please use BTHM1 in your Tweet!) -you can use the new SHARE and RETWEET buttons below this post!) (2 entries EACH, per DAY)
  • Stumble this post/giveaway (2 entries)  (use the new SHARE button below!)
  • Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" Button on your blog or website (3 entries)
  • Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" BIRTHDAY Button on your blog or website (3 entries)
  • Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (4 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky! 
  • Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)


Contest will end on July 10th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on July 11th, and emailed. As soon as winners' info is received, I will mail their book to them on the next mail run!




Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book for review purposes on this blog, free of charge, from Gallery Books, via Bookblogs.ning .No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it.



Comments

  1. I follow GFC as ashleynichole
    ashleydangit at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so funny.

    I am a GFC follower

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following your blog via GFC as Diana
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you on twitter as @goldiez
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you on FB as Diana Z
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you on Networked Blogs as Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie Loves Veggies has a giveaway
    MyFairyTaleBooks

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie Loves Veggies has a giveaway
    MyFairyTaleBooks
    2
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 I subscribe to this blog.
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. #2 I subscribe to this blog.
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. #1 I have your button on my blog.
    http://dananddiana.blogspot.com/
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. #2 I have your button on my blog.
    http://dananddiana.blogspot.com/
    goldiez at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an Email subscriber
    1
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. e-mail subscriber. #1. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. e-mail subscriber. #.2 saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. GFC follower. Thanks


    dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  17. abrennan09@hotmail.com
    subscribe via email

    ReplyDelete
  18. abrennan09@hotmail.com
    subscribe via email 2

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to read this. i follow via GFC quixoticdreamer

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow via Twitter
    @quixoticweetzie

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow via Networked Blogs

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. No Q so I chose W and went to What's The Buzz?
    Post "Miche Bag Giveaway"

    Entry 1

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. No Q so I chose W and went to What's The Buzz?
    Post "Miche Bag Giveaway"

    Entry 2

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I subscribe via E-mail
    Entry 1

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I subscribe via E-mail
    Entry 2

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tweeted
    http://twitter.com/#!/QuixoticWeetzie/status/83726705046470656
    Entry 1

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tweeted
    http://twitter.com/#!/QuixoticWeetzie/status/83726705046470656
    Entry 2

    quixoticdreamer(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. email subscriber -1
    coreybrennan26@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. email subscriber -2
    coreybrennan26@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This sounds hysterical.

    I am a GFC follower.
    Thanks!
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am an email subscriber.
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am an email subscriber.
    .
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Today at Just Another New Blog, they have a review and giveaway for a book called Groundswell.
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Today at Just Another New Blog, they have a review and giveaway for a book called Groundswell.
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. follow your blog via GFC
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  36. follow you on twitter, partymix25
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. email subscriber #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. email subscriber #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. have the blog birthday button up on the right hand side of my blog #1
    www.heckofabunch6.com
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. have the blog birthday button up on the right hand side of my blog #2
    www.heckofabunch6.com
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  41. have the blog birthday button up on the right hand side of my blog #3
    www.heckofabunch6.com
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  42. GFC Follower

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  43. I follow you on Twitter
    @NancyeDavis

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow you on Facebook

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow you on Networked Blogs

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  46. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #1

    ReplyDelete
  47. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  48. Tweet! Tweet!
    @NancyeDavis

    http://twitter.com/#!/NancyeDavis/status/90258281645355008

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #1

    ReplyDelete
  49. Tweet! Tweet!
    @NancyeDavis

    http://twitter.com/#!/NancyeDavis/status/90258281645355008

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  50. I posted this giveaway on my FB Page

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/nancyecdavis/posts/253994214617371

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #1

    ReplyDelete
  51. I posted this giveaway on my FB Page

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/nancyecdavis/posts/253994214617371

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail