Book Review and Giveaway: Summer of the Magic Blanket by Litsa Bolontzakis, illustrated by Daniela Zekina

** this giveaway is closed **




This is an interesting book and perfect for Summer! It is a great book to share naother culture with your child over the summer vacation months!




Synopsis: Summer: it’s a time of heat waves and sunburn, idle days and restless nights. What better place to spend a warm, magical summer than on a beautiful Greek island? Enjoy the blue ocean waves, the pebbly beach, the singing of mermaids, and a fresh, juicy watermelon!  


This is part of a 4  book series by the author, about all 4 seasons in Greece. She says she wrote the books because: "We’re living in the ME generation, and we as parents have to fight the spirit of selfishness and impatience that attacks our children. The seasons teach us patience . . . you can’t hurry the changing of the leaves, the melting of the snow, or the ripening of the fruit. I would love to have fresh almonds year-round, but that is not possible. Nature and the Seasons teach me patience. Patience is a marvelous quality, and good things come to those who have patience.This is a lesson we can learn from the Seasons and a valuable lesson to teach our young ones."



"Generosity . . . the seasons teach us how to share our gifts with others. Oh, how much we can learn from the Seasons! They come, year after year, bringing an abundance of gifts and always the right ones for our particular needs. Summers and watermelons—what a fantastic combination! Our needs for refreshment and hydration are pleasurably met."
Review: This is a gorgeously illustrated book and you can easily picture yourself in Greece. We attend the annual local Greek festival in New Orleans, so Kiddo is familiar with Greek food and culture, but she was fascinated with this look at life in Greece. The summer bounty of fruit really captivated her, as she was able to make the similarities with life here in America. Every page brought a new discussion of items in the illustration and provided us with a wonderful learning experience. The author also includes recipes for Watermelon Salad with Feta and for Miniature Koulourakia Cookies- both of which are simple to make and kid friendly!
I definitely recommend this book, and series, for teaching your kids about the Greek culture and Greece!


About the Author: Children’s book and cookbook author, Litsa Bolontzakis is an expert on Greek cooking and that culture’s easy, simple way of life. Her desire is to help other families learn from her culture how to appreciate the simple things in life and grow to enjoy the seasons and the gifts they bring. 

About the Illustrator: Daniela resides in Montreal, CA. She is an award winning painter and book illustrator, of more than 45 books. You can see her artwork at Lacroix Gallery ( www.galerielacroix.com ), Chambault Gallery (www.galeriearchambault.com and at Jeannine Blais Gallery (www.galeriejeannineblais.com ). She is a Grand Prix 2009 Award winner as well ( www.artmini.com). 


Giveaway:
Winner will receive this review copy of Summer of the Magic Blanket!

 Entries:
Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!   
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA /CANDAD ONLY 

3 day winner's rule : Winner has days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 

  Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 comments for Subscribing: 
     Some entries have been combined on one line, check carefully
  • Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect (1 entry) 
  • Follow me on TwitterFacebook or Networked Blogs (1 entry for EACH)
  • Fun entry! Go to our Blog Rolls and select a blog that starts with the same letter as your email. let me know the title of one of their posts on their main page! (2 entries)
  • Subscribe to this blog (2 entries) 
  • Share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter (please use BTHM1 in your Tweet!) -you can use the new SHARE and RETWEET buttons below this post!) (2 entries EACH, per DAY)
  • Stumble this post/giveaway (2 entries)  (use the new SHARE button below!)
  • Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" Button on your blog or website (3 entries)
  • Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" BIRTHDAY Button on your blog or website (3 entries)
  • Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (4 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky! 
  • Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)


Contest will end on July 9th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on July 10th, and emailed. As soon as winners' info is received, I will mail their book to them on the next mail run!




Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book for review purposes on this blog, free of harge, from News and Experts PR .No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it.



Comments

  1. I follow you on GFC as Tracy Taylor
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on twitter as mom2girls1974
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you on FB as Tracy Taylor
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subscribe to your blog post #1
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribe to your blog post #2
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. email subscriber 1
    coreybrennan26@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. email subscriber 2
    coreybrennan26@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. voted on PF
    coreybrennan26@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.I'm an email subscriber to your blog.
    gourdsrmylife(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. subscribe via email -1
    abrennan09@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. subscribe via email 2
    abrennan09@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked Bless Their Hearts Mom on FB!

    Thanks!
    Jenn
    learnquilling@gmail.com
    I Love Making Tutus

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an email subscriber, this book sounds so magical to share with my niece's little girl when she visits!
    How delightful, gave me ideas for fun snacks to go along with the book!

    pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. following on gfc

    besttoddlertoys at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. following on twitter as @besttoddlertoys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun entry - b is for Blissful bee blog - New Items at Ta Dah Boutique #1

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun entry - b is for Blissful bee blog - New Items at Ta Dah Boutique #2

    ReplyDelete
  18. Submitted to linky: http://blessedbeyondwords.com/weekly-giveaway-linky-june-26-2011/ #1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Submitted to linky: http://blessedbeyondwords.com/weekly-giveaway-linky-june-26-2011/ #2

    ReplyDelete
  20. Submitted to linky: http://blessedbeyondwords.com/weekly-giveaway-linky-june-26-2011/ #3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Submitted to linky: http://blessedbeyondwords.com/weekly-giveaway-linky-june-26-2011/ #4

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a GFC subscriber-danellejohnson.

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow you on networkblogs-danellejohns

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow/like you on Twitter- danellejohns.

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like/follow you on FB-danellejohns

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Doggies and Stuff- Review & Giveaway: No Ears in Here (#1)

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Doggies and Stuff- Review & Giveaway: No Ears in Here (#2)

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have your button on my blog. (#2)

    www dot ourwolvesden dot blogspot.com

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have your button on my blog. (#3)

    www dot ourwolvesden dot blogspot.com

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tweeted (#1)

    http://twitter.com/#!/DanelleJohns/status/87987978554716161

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tweeted (#2)

    http://twitter.com/#!/DanelleJohns/status/87987978554716161

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow you on GFC - janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow you on Twitter - Janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like you on FB - Janet Fri

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  35. 1. Email subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  36. 2. Email subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  37. 1. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-of-magic-blanket-by-litsa.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  38. 2. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-of-magic-blanket-by-litsa.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  39. 3. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-of-magic-blanket-by-litsa.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  40. 4. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-of-magic-blanket-by-litsa.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  41. 5. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-of-magic-blanket-by-litsa.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  42. 1. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/89238176207609856

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  43. 2. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/89238176207609856

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  44. 1. I added this to Contest Quest #105:
    http://hereandthere.us/index.php/2009/contest-quest-10/

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  45. 2. I added this to Contest Quest #105:
    http://hereandthere.us/index.php/2009/contest-quest-10/

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  46. 3. I added this to Contest Quest #105:
    http://hereandthere.us/index.php/2009/contest-quest-10/

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  47. 4. I added this to Contest Quest #105:
    http://hereandthere.us/index.php/2009/contest-quest-10/

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  48. 1. Fun Entry

    Just Another New Blog - Link Your Giveaways Saturday: 7/2 Edition

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  49. 2. Fun Entry

    Just Another New Blog - Link Your Giveaways Saturday: 7/2 Edition

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Follow you on GFC

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  51. Follow you on Twitter under Frugalwahms

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like you on FB

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. I follow you on networked blogs

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  54. Tweeted
    http://twitter.com/FrugalWahms/status/89915384513314816

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  55. tweeted
    http://twitter.com/FrugalWahms/status/89915384513314816
    #2

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  56. I subscribe to your blog

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  57. I subscribe to your blog
    #2

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  58. blog that matches my email
    Life as a CEO

    #1

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  59. blog that matches my email
    Life as a CEO

    #2

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail