Sleep, Perchance to Dream???

Hubby and I's work schedules involve shift work and alternating schedules, so getting quality sleep is a big issue to us! When you swap days (and nights) getting a good night's sleep is tantamount to keeping your body on an even keel! Having worked shift work for  over 20 years (EEK!), there are some caveats that I have learned that have helped me adjust and be able to get quality sleep. Hubby is still working out the ones that work for him.


One of the MAJOR things I have learned is that after a 12 hours shift to NOT go to bed hungry! If I do, you can guarantee I will be aware after only a couple of hours and unable to go back to sleep, unless I get up and eat something. It may seem odd, but peanut butter works the best- either on toast, crackers or just a plain old pb sandwich! New studies have confirmed that I've right- eating protein CAN help you sleep better!


Why do you need food/protein to sleep? Your brain and body need fuel even when you’re sleeping. Complex processes take place while you sleep, including the rebuilding and repair of muscle tissue in the body, and the consolidation of newly learned knowledge and 
memories in the brain.And all that activity needs fuel!
nightbar


Now there is a new bar made just for us shift workers, especially, but also for anyone, who wants to have a productive night's sleep: Nightfood supplemental bars.


NightFood bars are made to be delicious, and are formulated to help you fall asleep, and sleep better.  Just as importantly, a delicous cookies n’cream NightFood bar can help you eliminate cravings, and unhealthy snack options from your evening, especially when it's THAT time of the month!


The bars contain Chocamine: an unique extract from caffeine-free chocolate, that utilizes all the healthy stuff from chocolate, and leaves behind all the empty fat, calories, and sugars. It helps to decrease hunger, improve mood, and aid in relaxation. They also include inulin, a beneficial fiber to aid in satiety (the feeling of fullness), and used organic brown rice syrup as a healthy natural sweetener; puffed amaranth for texture and special blend of high-quality whey and soy proteins, and real Oreo  cookie crumbles for that amazing Cookies & Cream flavor and a little crunch. So that all means you get a filling, tasty treat!

If you go to the Nightfood website, right now, you can get a sample bar to try for yourself, to see if it helps you get a better night sleep too!


So go give them a shot, we will be trying them too!


Disclosure: This post was written as part of the Sheblogs promotion for the Nightfood bars, and the opportunity to try a box of bars for our family.There was no other compensation, monetary or in kind given for this post. Nor was I was not told what to say.

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail