Memories are Priceless....

Due to the girlfriends getaway this weekend, I look like a lobster on my back (please send sunburn cures!), and had to commandeer an old undershirt from my dad to keep the polyster uniform from rubbing on it and aggravating the begeesus out of it while working yesterday and today.

I had spoken with a friend who agreed with me that Dad's t-shirts always make everything ok when you have an 'ouchie', no matter HOW old you are!

Is it the 10 years worth of washing (cause you know Dads always keep their shirts til they fall apart) that makes them so soft and soothing, or just that it's DAD?

While pondering this thought yesterday, I saw Trace Adkins new video "Just Fishin'" and it pretty much answered the question for me:





What do you think of the video?

I think as the father of girls, he nailed everything we love about our dads in a very simple and moving song.
(Course I like everything he does, I LOVE that voice, and the fact that I have an ex-boyfriend that looked exactly like him, when I first heard his voice, may have something to do with it. LOL).


I know when I first saw the video I cried, it brought back so many memories f doing simple things with my dad, and grandfather, and how years (and years and years, LOL), I realize what all they taught me in those simple moments...


What about YOU? What's your fav you n dad memory?

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail