Sunburn 101, AKA What I Learned THIS Time!

You do NOT even want to see how lobster red I was after last week's trip to the beach! (hence, no pix!)

And Summer may be almost over, but I wanted to pass on some lessons learned.


1. Check the expiration of your suntan/sun block lotion. if it's within 3 months, TOSS IT. It is NOT gonna work at the strength it should. This means BUY NEW every Summer!


Secondly, even if it is SPORT and waterproof, if you are in 90 plus degree heat with over 70% humidity- REAPPLY every hour!


The combo of both of those was my downfall!


banana boat sport


2. This may not seem to make sense, but we learned it from a pharmacist! If you get sunburned, start taking Benadryl. It helps to reduce inflammation and curb the itch! By taking with a lose dose of Naproxen, you also get a pain killer that doubles up the inflammation killer!




staphaseptic


3. My best friend in the whole word for 2 days: StaphAseptic. Seriously! It is made for burns, and not only COOLS, but soothes the pain. I put it on for 2 days and it did the trick. Once in am, before work, and once when I got home. No more needed-No blistering. Totally peeled and tanned within 4 days. Keep this in your beach bag!






Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I received no compensation, monetary or in kind, for this post. Nor was I what to say about the above products. All opinions are my own, and based on my personal experience.Please keep in mind that my experience may NOT be the same as yours, as everyone is different and bodies react differently to the same product.

Comments

Post a Comment