Product Review: John Freida Precision Foam Hair Color

john frieda hair color

I recently snagged one of the FREE coupons from John Frieda for their Precision Foam Hair Color, and was anxious to try it, wanting to compare it to the Clariol Nice n Easy Foam Hair Color, I tried earlier this Summer!

The color selection was not great at the first store I tried (i.e. 5 choices), so I went to another drug store and had my choice of 10 hair colors. Better, and there was a color very close to the one I have, so I was good. There are 20 shades in fact to choose from! I picked 6N / Light Natural Brown. It actually has ALOT of red in it, so it's really close to the light auburn I've used for years.

It was very simple to use- just pour the colorant into the developer bottle, change out tops to the squeeze top, and TILT back and forth 5 times. That's it, it's ready to go.

Pluses:
1. you get ALOT of foam/dye. I have shoulder length hair and there was enough left over to have done my hair if it had been another 4 inches longer with ease.
2. LOW smell- there was VERY LITTLE chemical smell while waiting. And the wait time was ONLY 30 min, and that was because I have reluctant grays (technically white, which means they don't like to hold ANY pigment).
3. The after-conditioner comes in a small tube, and is easily enough for 4 washes! It left my hair very soft and very shiny.

Minuses:
1. It's a good thing I have small hands, as the professional gloves were SMALL. If you have large hands, get your own gloves to use!
2. While the foam is no drip, it really didn't cover as well as regular formula dye on areas around the face (ie my reluctant grays). You could tell while applying the foam that that might happen.
3. Cost. Even watching the sales, the John Frieda runs $2-3 more than L'Oreal, Clairol or Garnier.

Overall I was impressed with this foam versus the Clairol version, as the color is truer to what was shown on the box, and my hair appeared to be in better condition afterwards.

So far the color seems to be holding well, but we'll see in 2 weeks, which is when my color usually starts heading South, at the roots.

So far, Round 1 goes to John Frieda Precision Foam!





Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I received this product, free of charge, from John Frieda, as a Facebook Giveaways. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to review it. Like any health and beauty product, my experience may be different than yours..


Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail