When you've got a 2 hour drive to the hospital to stay with a family member, you get to doing alot of thinking, so of it traffic related ("AAGH, don't hit me, stay in YOUR lane" type ilk), and when you have a blog, you start thinking about posts, but you can't write them down, cause you're DRIVING.....SIGH...
So here's a few I wanted to through out and hope that my lovely readers (and lurkers, I know who you are!) will want to comment back! Ya'll are a really quiet bung when it comes to comments-I'm not complaining, just saying!
1. Now that we'll have Valentine's candy out before Christmas even hits the shelves (it seems)- has your decorating timeline changed?
I recall my mother decorating for Fall with back to school (aka Labor Day), then Halloween around the first of October, then Thanksgiving on All Saints or the day after, then Christmas ALWAYS was intended to go up the day after Thanksgiving (some years we made, others it was the weekend).
Now everybody has Halloween items up by mid-September. Sigh..I'm just not mentally READY for that, you know?
Plus we have the county fair thrown in mid-October and everybody puts up a hay bale and scrarecrows to go with the year's theme etc, starting the last week of September. SO you sorta feel like they're competing against each other...
So what's YOUR holiday timeline for the year???
2. Why are the majority of SUVS driven by women and short men, and the 'itsy bitsy hard to get into' sports coupes by tall men?
Really, you want your head hitting the car roof, just so you can go fast?
Just sayin....
3. How do you know you're a child of the 80s?
When you hear the lyric "shining like lighters in the dark in the middle of a rock show" and you nod your head, smile and instantly remember about 4 hard rock concert moments just like that. Yeah we're getting old! HA HA.....
By the way- WHY are they bringing back the WORST of the 80s fashion? Have we not learned enough about bringing back the 60s and 70s stuff? Let's go back to 50s where dresses camouflauged the hip area, or the 40s where they had STYLE in spades!
(See I told you I think WEIRD stuff in traffic)
4. If a cup of good java costs the save as a gallon of gas (!!!)- why can't they figure out a way to run the cars on old coffee?
At least if you got stranded you COULD drink it.....
5. Is it just me, or do the celebrities all seem to have HUGE (aka really long) feet?
Seriously- check out their feet in photos, their feet just look out of proportion....
I told you my mind is weird....
6. Why is it you can go to Walmart and get photos made of your kid in multiple poses for a pretty cheap cost, AND make the package you want (aka actually NEED), but when it comes time for school pictures, they give you ONE pose only and the packages are either too big or too small-both at an outrageous price for having no choice, and extras are insanely expensive???
I mean, you can order online, so why not a you make you own package and a reasonable costs?
ok, now for the blogging stuff...yeah, the stuff above was just random thoughts....
7. Book reviews- you know I'm gonna keep doing them, not an issue there. BUT, do you want to see a full synopsis of what the book is about and info on the author?
I personally like it because it's like reading the book jacket of a book you don't know about. But what do YOU, my readers, want?
8. Prizes- I know my Canadian readers are wondering about some of the giveaways going USA only- postal rates went up (apparently we have to save them that way) and as I generally pay for shipping out of my own pocket, if it's gonna be over $4, then it's USA only, as I can still send it media mail for under $3.
I am very sorry, but my budget is too tight and sponsored posts are getting fought over by more and more bloggers, reducing the amount I have to cover shipping!
9. +1 Google Button: Ya'll might have noticed I added the +1 button to the bottom of my blog posts. I didn't want to make it an entry option, BUT I would whole heartedly LOVE YOU if you click on it, if there are blog posts you like.
With the new Google algorithm, it's hit or miss on getting indexed now. Especially if I put the synopsis' on the book reviews! So when you hit that button, it helps that page get indexed. The more indexes the blog has, the more cool stuff I can get offered to giveaway! Yippee for you!
So click it and a big thanks and hug from me, and if ya'll want it, we'll make it an entry for the giveaways...
10. What do YOU want to see more of in this blog????
TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, that's enough of my weird ranting....
talk back, or rant....your choice!
Hey there.
ReplyDeleteRe: Holiday Decorating
I have no decorating timeline because I do little extra things around the house when the mood hits me. I STILL have my Christmas tree up in the corner of my living room. I have taken it down once in the four years I have lived in my current apartment. It's just so pretty and it's become a fixture in my home...
When they put the candy out early for the holidays, I don't get in the decorating mood...I get in the candy-eating mood and can't wait until the day after the holiday so I can rack up on discount candy.
Re: The 80s
I LOVE the 80s. I was a toddler of the 80s and would I have much preferred to have been a teenager of the 80s. That time seemed like good fun without a lot of the dangerous drama of today. I LOVE 80s music and when I have to concentrate on long hours of writing for work, this is what I listen to.
Re: Celebrity feet (lol)
I don't really look at the feet (except for Halle Berry's because it does look like she has a sixth toe or a really bad case of extra skin to the side of one foot) and focus on the shoes. I never really noticed the size of the feet except for I was watching a rerun of Mob Wives and saw the size of one of the girls feet while she was wearing sneakers and said to myself that they were pretty long.
Re: school pictures
When I went to school, school pictures was such a 'thing' when I was younger. Kids were either super excited or dreaded it, and then there was the anticipation of how the photos came out. It's a great way to capture those yearly milestones...but they do charge an arm and a leg
Re: book reviews
I like synopsis...reading one of your current giveaway reviews made me want the book and enter the giveaway.
Re: your blog
Love your blog...visit often. Nice mixture of information.
I like reference, information, and trivia type books and would love to see more reviewed and offered on your site as a giveaway, if possible
Re: My Rant
Sooo...I have a rant.
Yesterday, I went to a grocery store so that I could get $10 cashback to get quarters for laundry. When I got to the car, I noticed the girl gave me $20 instead of $10. Usually, I look at this as a sign of good fortune in my favor, but then someone said to me that I should give it back because if her drawer is short, she could get fired. So, I went back to give it to her. I thought I was going to feel all warm and fuzzy about it, but I left feeling worse and bothered. I did not get a Thank You. I didn't get any appreciation or acknowledgement that I did her a favor. In fact, she looked at me like I did something wrong and made me feel about the size of a pea. I caught a glance of her talking to someone and showing her the money as if I was being a bother. I was so peeved at the entire situation and filled with regret, I now believe that the $10 was really meant for me. Well, that was my rant for the month.
@Yona
ReplyDeleteUgh- see that's our pet peeve too- lack of civility- most cashiers would have been grateful, knowing it kept them from being short. A thanks would have sufficed, but none? geez....This is where I get peeved and want to let her manager know. Then he'll know she doesn't have basic math skills....SIGH