Back in July I let you know about a great mystery book series from Balzo, set on the Uncommon Grounds Coffee Shop in the Brookhills, featuring lead character Maggy Thorsen. I loved the book and was thrilled when contacted about reviewing Balzo's latest entry in the 7 book series, Triple Shot!
Synopsis:
Ok, so it's set in a coffee shop. You KNOW she had me at page one with that setting!
I think I liked this book more than the last one, in that the introduction of new characters sorta shakes up the main cast and offers them new situations and areas to evolve into. I love Balzo's characters- each book surprises me with something new about them, that really makes them more realistic. Yet you do NOT need to read each book in the series, to enjoy one. Each can stand on it's own, and she gives you enough background that you can keep up with the story.
While I had guessed who the 'suspect' was earlier on, I loved reading to verify that I was right and to get the WHY that person was guilty. Balzo did a great job of tying all the separate threads together to show a great domino effect and to help give you sympathy for said suspect. I will give you one caveat- have food or coffee nearby while reading! Balzo's books have some humdinger descriptions that will get your mouth watering and you wishing you had that coffee/food item in front of you! This is a fun and quick read and I highly recommend this series!
Country). In addition to her books about coffee-maven Maggy Thorsen, Balzo writes
short stories, two of which have been published in Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine,
winning the Macavity, Derringer and Robert L. Fish awards. Check out her website, www.sandrabalzo.com. for more.
**
**
Disclosure: I receives this book, from the author, via Bostick Communications, free of charge, for blog review purposes. I received no other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post.Nor was I told what to say about the book!


This looks like a fun mystery! Thanks for the intro and chance to win!
ReplyDelete