Guest Post: Christmas Gift Ideas for Young Girls Ages 6-7 by Robin Greene

Christmas Gift Ideas for Young Girls Ages 6-7

girl with doll

Christmas shopping for a 6 to 7 year old girl can be a challenging task. Is she too old for this gift, or too young for that gift? I teach this age group and the little girls have already begun to make comments about what they want for Christmas. I thought I would share a few of ideas I have heard so far.


American Girl Doll: These dolls never go out of style. It is so fun for the girls to receive a doll that favors themselves with the same eye and hair color as well as skin shade and hair style. There are many outfits and accessories to go with the dolls. I agree, but the Mom part of me just wishes they were way under the $100 mark!

Art Supplies: Not every girl plays with dolls. More and more of my girls are truly artistic. These girls are asking for an easel, paints, markers, crayons and art paper. Stamps and stencils are also a big hit with girls who like to express their creativeness. These have been a staple for Kiddo since she was 2!


Barbies: Barbies are another toy that never gets old and little girls can never have too many. Barbies come with many different accessories, cars, houses and animals. A Barbie case with several barbies and outfits would be a very exciting gift. If they're not into Barbies, they're probably into horses- there is a large line by Breyer that is available!

Nail Art Salon: All of my girls love to get their nails painted. This is a gift any girly girl will love. The nail art salon will allow her to create the perfect manicure and pedicure for herself and her friends at play dates or sleepovers. Piggy Paint makes some great gift sets too!


Have fun shopping for your little girl!


Robin Greene hopes that these ideas can give some parents a few ideas of what all the girls are talking about these days. Robin is a mom of two, a kindergarten teacher and a freelance writer for My Baby Clothes dot com. Make sure your little one is the most stylish at your holiday party. You will find everything, from baby clothes to tutus with matching baby headbands and even baby hats.

Comments

  1. As I am a single mother with a daughter (7yrs) I feel that I should get my daughter a cell phone for Christmas. I know you will think that she is too young but when she spends the weekend with her father in Georgia, I do worry about her when she's away. I don't always want to disturb her father by phoning twice a day. So I decided I'll get Andrea a $10 cell phone from Tracfone, it only costs $7/month for service and she can push the quick dial button to call me if she feels anxious or scared. What do you single mom's think about this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment