Recipe Weekend BONUS/ Product Review: Pam Cooking Spray and Crawfish Cornbread Casserole

Pam Cooking Spray
When I signed up for the latest Smiley360 I was thrilled. as we've used Pam Cooking Spray for literally MOST of my life! Did you know Pam was started in 1957? Yup, it became a national brand in the 60's and part of all our our lives! 


The NEW Pam Cooking Spray now works 70% BETTER than the bargain brand sprays! That's a WHOLE lot of less stuck cookies and casseroles! AND a whole lot less time on cleanup! We generally have one of each in our house. Why? When we're baking, we want Pam, but when it's something on the stovetop, we'll use the bargain spray! And I can verify- you don't use the spray, you'll spend 3 times as much as you should cleaning the pan/pot!


We were sent a Pam Pack of Pam Cooking Spray, a can of Hunt's Tomatoes, a 9 x13 Pyrex glass baking dish, a Pam branded spatula, and Pam recipes. I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to make: my version of Prejean's Crawfish Cornbread Casserole! We had it at our county fair and it was BEYOND delicious! I took their version and altered it a bit to suit our tastes better. This is the PERFECT recipe for the holidays, especially if you have to bring a dish for pot luck, as it can be cut into squares to make it go farther!


Crawfish Cornbread Casserole:


Ingredients:


1 to 1 1/2 pounds Louisiana crawfish tail meat  (you can also use shrimp) 
2 boxes Jif cornbread mix (or other sweet flavored cornbread mix)
2 cans creamed corn, drained                                                                               
2 cans creamed corn, do NOT drain
4 cups cream-style corn                                                                  
2 cps sour cream
½ cup seeded and sliced jalapeno pepper   OR add  the same amount of Hunt's Petite Diced tomatoes (which we do)                                  
salt and pepper to taste                                                 
1/4-1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded (we like to use Mexican blend as well)
Cajun spice to taste

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking pan with Pam Cooking Spray
2. Prejean's recipe calls for you to mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 14-cup baking pan or casserole dish. What we did was saute the crawfish in butter and Cajun spice, before adding it to the mix. Gives them a better flavor! Then add everything in. Note: we add about 2-3 tbsp of Cajun spice, why I say to YOUR taste!
3. Bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, and top is browned slightly. 
4. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes prior to cutting if you want squares, or serve hot in scoops. This recipe makes about 16 servings

Prejean's likes to top with some Remoulade Sauce (we like this version made with Chili sauce), but it's really not needed!


I took the dish to our Sunday church potluck and had only 2 small pieces leftover! It was the hit of the day! As to clean up? I literally took a paper towel and wiped the pan clean of food, then all it needed was a quick wash with soap. Easy peasy! Course I also forgot to take a picture...SIGH....


Stay tuned for some more Pam and Hunt's recipes from us, and in the meantime, check out the Pam Cooking Spray website for some great recipes!


Thanks PAM for my free can of cooking spray! Click here to download a $0.50 off coupon for the new PAM 


Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I received these items, free of charge, for review purposes, as member of the Smiley360! No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about them

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail