Product Idea: J. Aaron Custom Solid Wood Countertops and Butcher Block

Have you got the Pinterest fever yet-are you searching for that perfect item for your home, like a  wood countertop?



I know a LOT of you do! And I think I know why- back in the 50s and 60s, girls would make 'dream books', aka scrapbooks, of items they wanted for their homes when they got married, placed they wanted to go, things they wanted to do. I think in our modern lives we've missed that naiviety, so hence the surge in Pinterest, which allows us to make modern day dream books!


One of the boards that it seems EVERYONE has, it For the Home. We all want to change SOMETHING about our home- even if you've moved into a new home, you want to upgrade, change the paint color, change the decor, it's just human nature. One of the primary areas if our kitchens.


We've got formica countertops. PINK countertops. Ok, so it's technically mauve...While the painted walls match and make it look more Tuscan, it's still PINK. And we desperately want to change it, so I've been checking out countertops and ideas, and put them in my For the Home board. I LOVE the knife blocks set into the wood- you can't do that with granite!






Our house was built in 1910. The previous owner updated it, but took the kitchen too far- the oak cabinets are great, but with the pink countertops, they just scream 1985! I would love to strip them back to white, change to farm style pulls and handles, and go back to a wooden countertop, like the ones from J Aaron Customer Wood Countertops! Why not granite, or the new formica, you ask?


Primarily because I don't want our kitchen to be trendy, I want it to be classic. I don;t want to have to worry about scarring the countertop, melting the countertop, or worrying about it getting scratched and dinged. I want to be able to put my hot pot down, and know that if it leaves a mark, it's ok, it can be sanded and restained. Or just left, for the character of it. You see that's what's missing from those gorgeous granite countertops- the marks left by your kids while learning how to cook, working on school projects, or just from sitting there doing their homework.




Now J Aaron does have concrete countertops as well, and they are very durable as well! But I'd rather the wood countertop. Plus one of their gorgeous concrete trough sinks would look superb in our bath, when we redesign it!



So head on over to J Aaron, and find YOUR inspiration like I did, and check out their great wooden kitchen island top and wood counter ideas!





Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge, from J Aaron Countertops,  for blog posting purposes on this blog.I did receive a small gift for posting, but no other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about the products.

Comments

  1. I always thought that I would want a corian countertop, but all hard wood would be a dream to have. I would never opt for granite. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment