Book Review and Giveaway: Terminal Justice by Jack Branson


terminal justice cover


Synopsis: Suppose you could remove all consequences for your actions. What would you do to protect the innocent? Then, at night, what would you tell yourself so you could sleep?

TERMINAL JUSTICE is the story of highly trained but ordinary people who find themselves at a moment in life when they have nothing to lose by using their government training outside the law and following through on the impulses that sometimes surface in all of us. It's the story of an Assistant U.S. Attorney and seven federal agents who realize that no matter what they do, they won't face life imprisonment or the death penalty. That realization triggers a desire to remedy the legal system's weak and 
unfair decisions. 


But justice is never clear cut, and it's seldom easy. And in this instance, the feds are confident that they won't face punishment because they won t live long enough to go to trial. 

Review:  I started this book thinking I'd probably like it, and would read 3-4 chapters. Yup recipe for disaster. Two and a half hours later I had finished the book! Branson pulled all his experience to make believable characters and situations, putting a bit of a twist on the standard police procedural! He answered questions as the reader thought of them (like why do they keep meeting in the same locale, if people are onto them?). . I would love to read prequesls- which each characters past stories, as their own book, as the characters have been given such great backstories! I know the subject matter/morality will keep it from being made into a movie, but it definitely could be one. Add this one to your must read list, if you can get a hold of a copy- Amazon is almost out of them!


About the AuthorBranson is a retired Special Agent with the U.S. Department of the Treasury who specialized in fraud, money laundering and public corruption. His Secret Service duties included serving on the Presidential Jump Team and NATO's fiftieth anniversary. He is now a licensed private investigator and the coauthor of Murder in Mayberry (2008), Cutting Myself in Half (2009), and Delayed Justice (2011).


Ready to win this book?


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Disclosure / Disclaimer: I was sent this book, free of charge, for review purposes, from the author. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it.  

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail