Recipe Weekend/ Product Review: Nectresse Sweetner and Summer Peach Cobbler

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of NECTRESSE™Sweetener for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener 

Thanks to Social Spark, I was recently given the chance to try a new sweetener, NECTRESSE™Sweetener, that is 150 times sweeter than sugar and made from REAL fruit! And it can be used in cooking and baking, like regular sugar! Yet it has ZERO calories per serving! Yup, I just heard you drop that coffee cup- real fruit source and ZERO calories???

Nectresse is made from Monk Fruit, from the makers of Splenda. Curious amount monk fruit? I was too! It grows on the tops of mountaintops in Central Asia, and has been cultivated for centureies as a sweetener. It's extract in fact, is 150 times SWEETER than sugar, and NATURALLY has ZERO calories. Yup I keep stressing that because unlike artificial sweetners, Nectreese TASTES like sugar, and is the ONLY one made from real fruit! 


Nectresse product family.jpg


Nectrese sweetener  is available in convenient single-serve pack[]ets (40 servings per box, which I was sent) and easy to hold canisters that have multipurpose lids for sprinkling, pouring or spooning, to make it wasier to use in baking! I had a hankering for some peach cobbler, so I decided to sample the Nectresse in my favorite recipe!


IMG_5657a


Our Peach Cobbler Recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 cp. milk
2 tsp. oil or melted shortening
1/3 cp. sugar
1 cp. pancake mix (we used Bisquick)
3 cans peach pie filling
1/3 cp. sugar and cinammon (I used 2 parts nectresse and 1 part cinammon)

Instructions:
Mix first 4 ingredients and pour into a greased 2-quart casserole or 9x12 baking pan. Pour in peaches over batter, sprinkle with sugar cinammon. Bake at 375°F about 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream- YUM!


Nectresse product family.jpg


Because the Nectresse is sweeter than normal sugar, I used less, but had the same great taste! Nectresse Sweetener is available in grocery stores, drug stores, supercenters and online for under $4 for the box of packets and under $7 for the canisters. But you can get a FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener by clicking on this link. so you can try before you buy!


You can get more recipes and information on NECTRESSE™ on their website at www.NECTRESSE.com.
And be sure to check out Lisa Ling's video about Nectresse, and what is means to her looking for diabetic friendly substitutions!

Visit Sponsor's Site

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail