Continuing our 'what is old is new again' theme, we have a 'new' book that is a reissue from one of our favorite authors, Caroline Hart!
When a ghost known only as the Whispering Lady appears once again at the Devereaux plantation after years of absence, the locals know it's an omen of death. Merrick and Leah may be the next targets. ...
Want to win this review copy?
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I was sent this book, free of charge, for review purposes, from Prometheus Books. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it.
Synopsis: Leah Devereaux is a dead woman. At least, that's what the folks now running the Devereaux plantation tell her: Leah has been presumed dead for nineteen years--since the day that both her parents died. Leah, very much alive, has returned to South Carolina to uncover the untold story of her parents' deaths. While some, like her adopted cousin Merrick, welcome her, Cissy and John Edward tell her to stay away, tell her to stop meddling in secrets long kept.
Review: I thought I had read all of Carolyn's earlier works, but apparently I had missed this one! In her new preface, she says that she was not getting any of her mysteries sold, as Romance was at its' height in the early 80s, so she went back and took one of her tales, added some romance to it, and waa-la she was a book writer! This is a very quick read (I finished it in about 90 minutes), but an enjoyable one! It's always nice to read a novel, where as the author says "the heroine can't call 911 on her cell phone, she has to figure a way out on her own". Sometimes a little old school mystery is just the thing for a cold winter night of reading!
About the Author: An accomplished master of mystery, Carolyn Hart is the author of forty-seven novels of mystery and suspense. Her books have won multiple Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity awards. One of the founders of Sisters in Crime, Hart enjoys mysteries, walking in the park, and cats. She and her husband Phil enjoy the company of an orange tabby and brother and sister brown tabbies. Check out her website, and Facebook pages for more info and the LONG list of her great books!
Want to win this review copy?
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I was sent this book, free of charge, for review purposes, from Prometheus Books. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it.

Comments
Post a Comment