Smooth and Straight with L'oreal Smooth Intense? ?


It's been awhile since we had a Mailbox Tuesday sample review-
 mainly because I haven't snagged any samples lately- bummer!

Did you recently get a sample of the L'oreal Smooth Intense new line?

loreal smooth intense product line

The new line promises 72 HOURS of smooth, frizz free, humidity proof, hair
thanks to a new formula with oleo-keratin!

So you KNOW I had to try to grab a sample, right?

I was sent shampoo, conditioner and straightening creme to sample.

How well did the combination work?

Check it out:

loreal smooth intense results 1

You see that nice tumbled curly WAVE?
(Miss Grace was the photographer, so excuse the weird angles)

No styling there folks- this was strictly using the samples on my hair and letting ti dry NATURALLY.

Take another look- NO frizz. Period.
hair was smoothed down, but WAVY....

loreal smooth intense results 2


And yes, it DID stay that way even after sleeping on it for 2 days!

The only issue I had was that the smoothing creme made by hair feel a little weird.
It was soft, but 'off', not greasy or oily, just an odd feel, which I am guessing is what keeps it smooth.

Now I did happen to get my air wet in the rain on the 3rd day, and the frizz returned.
So I had to pull out the flat iron and redo the top layers.

Flat ironing and smooth intense creme do NOT seem to go well together.
I had a definite heaviness to my hair and it felt lank. It straightened ok, just felt ugh.

I imagine the Smooth Intense serum might be different and work better with a flat iron,
if needed.

All in all, I was pretty impressed, and even though our humidity wasn't too bad, it was enough of a test period for me to want to go ahead and buy all 3 of the products and use them for days when i do not want to flat iron, to give my hair a rest. I'll update you guys later this Summer, after we see how well it works in SEVERE humidity!

How about you?
Did you try it?

how did it work for you, if you did?

Comments