Children's Book Review: Star of the Week by Monica Wyrick

Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from Peak CIty Publishing, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
flourish
star of the week cover



And for our next to last children's book of the week!



Synopsis: Hildie finally gets to take home the green Star of the Week folder! Now she faces a dilemma: "I don't think I can come up with enough good words to describe plain old me!" So Hildie must take a good look at herself, and when she does, she decides that she likes what she sees!

Join Hildie on a voyage of self worth as she discovers all of the virtues that make her a super Star of the Week!


Review: Miss Grace's teacher had weekly 'Star Students' and the kids got special attention during the week they were selected. Miss Grace relished it when it was her turn. Unfortunately, they decided with graduation, not to have any during May, when it was to have been her turn again. She was quite upset! SO this book came at a good time for her to read it! Miss Grace and I had a long discussion about the book and what made it so special, and what made HER so special. Unlike Hildie, she could come up with a LOT of words-LOL. But it is a lovely book and one that I know she will treasure over the Summer!


About the Author: Monica Wyrick is a life-long artist. She illustrated for veteran children's author Audrey Penn in Feathers & Fur, Carol Crane in The Brown Mountain Lights (Peak City Publishing) and Dolly Dozier's Peggy Noodle, Hula Hoop Queen (Peak City Publishing). Star of the Week is the first book Monica has both written and illustrated.

Comments

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail