Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from the author,via Bostick Communications, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
Subtitled: From Woodstock to Broadway. From Death to Eternity
Synopsis: With her first full-length novel, professional storyteller and short story author F.R. Merrill takes readers into the life of an assistant producer standing just one step away from her dream of bringing her Native American production to Broadway. As she inches closer to her dream, however, things start falling apart: A daughter’s drinking problem is unveiled. A best friend is forever lost. And the price of success rises beyond what she may be willing to pay.
Review: I placed this review under History Corner, due to Merrill’s insights into Native American culture and her use of it in this novel..This is a small book, and I think with more writing (and editing), it would have found it's actual focus- like other reviewers I felt while reading it that it went off into different types of fiction, and never centralized the actual story. The price of success is a serial killer, yet he feels more like an abstract than a central part of the book. Her characters come alive due to her understanding of human nature, making for the memorable moments in the book. The book does succeed is speaking to placing people and relationships above fame and financial fortune. It's a meritable read for the Native American culture and characterization.
About the Author: F.R. Merrill, a professional storyteller and short story author since 1993. Check out her
website for more.
Want to win this review copy?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for reading this post and entering the giveaway!
Comments
Post a Comment