RIP Tom Laughlin

If there was one movie from my childhood that had a profound impact on me, it was the Legend of Billy Jack.

I think I drove my parents NUTS singing the theme song, practically non-stop,  for oh, a year? SERIOUSLY...

So it is with sadden heart that we mourn the passing of Tom Laughlin this past week.

tom laughlin as billy jack

Tom was much more than just an actor- he stayed active in support of Native affairs (his family has asked that in lieu of flowers donations in Tom's name go to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation:
www.friendsofpineridgereservation.org.), he started a Montessori preschool in Santa Monica (that would become the largest one in the US) and even has written theory papers dealing with Jungian psychology, domestic violence and causes of cancer. No he was not JUST an actor!

And that is why he had such an influence on me- every interview I saw or read, he discussed topics that brought new awareness of items I didn't know about. 

He will be missed!

And for those of you too young to remember the song- let me ETCH it into your brain this am:



Peace on Earth indeed.....

Comments