Children's DVD Review: Hermie & Friends: I Will Trust God No Matter What


As a Tommy Nelson Mommy, I am thrilled to be able to bring you, my wonderful readers, 
not only Christian books for your children/grandchildren, but also Christian videos for kids!


Synopsis:

Trust in the Lord and His plans for you!
When God asks Hermie to build a boat but doesn’t tell him why, the adventure of Hermie and the High Seas begins. The other garden bugs choose not to help because they are busy and don’t see the need for a boat in the garden. But when the rain comes and the garden floods, all of the bugs run to Hermie’s boat. Everyone in the garden has to learn to trust God, even when it doesn’t make sense.
In Who is in Charge Anyway, Freddie the flea learns from Hermie and the other bugs that God gave everyone his or her own unique gifts and talent. Some are strong, others can spin webs. But what is special about a flea? Freddie has to learn to trust that God has given him his own talents and has a special plan for him. God didn’t make anybody by accident, and He’s not finished with any of us yet!

Review:
This video is aimed at kids ages 4-7 . Most kids know the story of Noah by this age group, so they are on sure footing with the first story, and will be steadily paying attention to see if the movie follows the tale they know! Most kids in this age range are developing their own personalities and interests, and beginning to understand that they are different from each other. Freddie's story helps them to understand why everyone is unique and different, and special in God's eyes. Together both stories teach children important lessons about trusting God, no matter what the circumstance, like Noah did. 
Miss Grace and I had a long talk about both stories, and I feel it helped to re-enforce values she had already been taught, and understands. And because it comes from Max Lucado, you know it's a DVD you can trust! The DVD is perfect Sunday school classes and for family night at home!

Giveaway:
I am very happy to be able to share the wonderfulness of Hermie with a BTHM reader!
One of you will get to win your own DVD copy!

  --
tommy nelson mommy button

Comments

  1. My son is a linguist. My son is wise beyond his years. My granddaughter is a linguist. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. God helped me when I survived breast cancer. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my boys like to "invent" new things lol I always take pictures of their "inventions". Who knows maybe one day they might become famous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trusting God right now with my youngest son. He is having behavioral problems in kindergarten this year. He has gotten into trouble since the beginning of the school year. Some days I just want to put my head in my hands and just cry. Its a tough time right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our daughter is a skilled writer.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trust God when I get the impulse to help someone is a certain way.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My one son is a good leader, one is good at cheering others up and one has a heart of compassion
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment