I love finding new series, especially when they feature OLDER characters!
This one popped up after I purchased a different book, as a freebie, and I gave it a try!
Synopsis:
Recently widowed Agnes Lockwood is spending a few days on Tyneside in Northeast England, catching up with her past.
But after only a few days at the hotel, an expensive item of jewelry is stolen. When more jewelry goes missing, Chief Inspector Alan Johnson gets on the case. After Alan recognizes Agnes as a friend from schooldays and they rekindle their friendship, Agnes begins bombarding him with questions about the case.
After dinner one evening, they find a body lying on the roadside. Fearing for her safety, Alan warns Agnes to stay away from the case; theft is one thing, but murder is something else.
But being an inquisitive woman, Agnes cannot resist getting involved... too involved.
Review:
This is book 1 in the series, Death on the Tyneside being the second book (but we're assured Eileen is working on a third!). Both books are only $2.99 right now on Kindle!
It's a fun romp, with plenty of false starts to keep you turning the pages long into the night.Add in a little old friends/new romance/older characters, and you have a charming book that you will want to share with your friends! It's a mystery that those who love cozy mysteries and British police procedurals will both love.So give it a chance!
It's a fun romp, with plenty of false starts to keep you turning the pages long into the night.Add in a little old friends/new romance/older characters, and you have a charming book that you will want to share with your friends! It's a mystery that those who love cozy mysteries and British police procedurals will both love.So give it a chance!
About the Author:
Since beginning a comprehensive writing course with The Writers Bureau in 2001, my articles and short stories have been published in a variety of magazines. These include Heritage, Scottish Field, The Lady and People’s Friend. In 2005 a couple of my short stories were included in two quite different anthologies. My debut novel,
I am a member of the Society of Authors, the Society of Women Writer’s and Journalists, The Edinburgh Writer’s Club, The Borders Writer’s Forum, Mystery Women and The Melrose Literary Society, as well as being an Associate Member of NAWG (National Association of Writers Groups).
I simply loved writing this novel. It is based on both Quaysides of Newcastle and Gateshead. As I was born and raised in that area, I kept seeing all the places mentioned in my mind's eye. I moved to London when I got married, but now I live in Kelso, in the Scottish Borders.
Comments
Post a Comment