Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this product, free of charge, from
, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it. All opinions are my own
The past few weeks I shared some unique items for back to school aimed at high schoolers and college kids, and today is item is one that you might want to grab for your own lunch bag.
But sometimes the hardest thing is having snacks at home for after school hours or that time when you get home, and you still have a couple hours before dinner is ready.
In fact, an analysis of NHANES data found that children consume nearly one-third (31%) of their daily snack calories between 3 and 6 p.m., making the after-school hours one of the day’s biggest snacking occasions.
Crispy Fruit by Crispy Green® helps families bridge the gap between school and dinner with a grab-and-go snack made from 100% fruit. Lightweight, mess-free, and shelf-stable, it’s easy to keep in backpacks, sports bags, or the family car for busy afternoons on the go.
We were sent the variety pack that you can see above to check out for our own snacking needs. Both Miss Grace and I fell in love with these fruit packets! They are actual fruit that's been dehydrated. Oh yeah I know we all say we're going to dehydrate our own fruit snacks and then we just never have the time for it don't we? So these snack bags are just perfect for feeling that void.
As you can see you weren't getting small pieces of fruit, you are getting some pretty good size chunks. Every bag we have tried has been very tasty, you can taste the freshness of the fruit but it's not overly sweet. But it is sweet enough for kid's sweet tooth. The serving size is just perfect as it gives you the crunch and sweet that you're craving, but with the right amount of serving to take away the hungry feeling. And with it being all natural it's not going to give you a sugar spike that makes you crash before you can get to dinner.
I've actually found that they're a really good snack for the afternoon while I'm at work. You know that time, when you've had an early lunch and you know you're going to be snacky in the afternoon. These are perfect, it's a snack you don't feel bad about grabbing, thanks to having around 50 calories only per bag! Yep I said 50! What type of portable snack has that view of calories nowadays? They totally remind me of the dehydrated stacks that used to be available when I was a kid, but just don't seem to be on the market anymore- just dehydrated fruit not a bunch of preservatives!
Every packet we've tried has been quite tasty and honestly there hasn't been any that we did not like. I was sort of surprised we went through them so quickly! We definitely will be buying another box to keep on hand and to use for work bags! Once you try them you're going to feel like we do that these are the snacks that you've been waiting for!
Crispy Fruit is available in your local stores, for us that's whole foods, rouses and the Fresh Market. You can check out their market locator to find where they're available near you.They're also available on Amazon.



Comments
Post a Comment