Giveaway: the Happy Stepmother Book by Rachelle Katz

** THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED ***
The last time I had a step-mom book for a giveaway on my blog (StepMonster), my blog was relatively new and I still had a great response! I don't have this situation, so I don't really feel comfortable doing a review of any book that deals with the issues involved. But when Caitlyn offers me book, she's 100% on target, so I didn't want to pass up the opportunity for one of you to have a chance to win this book! So this book giveaway is coming to you WITHOUT a review by me, but it sounds like a great book and the author's website is pretty insightful!

happy stepmother cover The Happy Stepmother: 10 Steps to a Fulfilling New Life - Stay Sane, Empower Yourself, and Thrive in Your New Family by Dr. Rachelle Katz gives readers the tools to break through the stereotypes and strengthen the bonds with their new families. As a stepmother herself and psychotherapist with more than twenty-five years of experience treating the issues that blended families face, Dr. Katz is in a unique position to offer sound advice.  
Being a stepmother is one of the most challenging roles and one that typically receives little encouragement or understanding from others.  This book is a commonsense self-help guide for stepmothers struggling with this demanding role. The Happy Stepmother is a valuable resource for other family members and mental health professional alike.
A few book topics include: 
• Guidance for stepmothers who have not found their role to be easy
• Advice for women considering marrying men with children who need reassurance and guidance about becoming stepmothers.
• Collective voices and wisdom from stepmothers who responded to an online questionnaire and online chat room.
• Practical, comprehensive, supportive strategies for making the transition to becoming a stepmother as smooth as possible, and making the role of stepmother as emotionally healthy as possible.

If you're frustrated by having all the responsibilities of motherhood, with none of the recognition or reward, or worried that stepfamily issues are driving a wedge between you and your husband, then you're not alone -- and you can do something about it.

You found the love of your life, and you vowed to have, to hold and to stepmother. You always thought that in time you'd grow to be the perfect, loving family. So why does it seem that the harder you try, the more unappreciated you feel?
Based on thousands of in-depth interviews and the latest research, Katz has  created a powerful program to help you:
  • Alleviate stress and take care of yourself
  • Bond with your new family
  • Set and enforce clear boundaries
  • Get the respect you deserve
  • Strengthen your relationship
Author Bio
Rachelle Katz, Ed.D, LMFT, writes from a place of both personal experience -- she's been a stepmother for nineteen years -- and professional expertise. A psychotherapist with twenty-five years of experience in private practice, since 2004 she has empowered thousands of women through her Web site, 
www.stepsforstepmothers.com. 

Other Author Reviews
"If 'Happy Stepmother' sounds like an oxymoron, you need this book. Rich with insight, encouragement and hope, 
The Happy Stepmother is an important addition to the self-help and step-parenting literature."
--Wednesday Martin, Ph.D., author of 
Stepmonster
 
GIVEAWAY:
One winner will get their own copy of The Happy Stepmom Book

ENTRIES:

Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!   
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA/ Canada only
 
3 day winner's rule : Winner has 3 days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 
 
Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 posts for Subscribing:
  1. Subscribe to the blog (2 entries)
  2. Follow this blog on Google Friend (2 entries)
  3. Signed up for the New Year, New Self Program on this Blog (2 entries)  Must have signed up/commented under the Original Post for the NYNS Program! 
  4. Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about this contest (3 entries)  (this can be done DAILY for 3 entries PER day)  
  5. Have the “New Year, New Self Program” Button on your blog (3 entries)
  6. Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom" Button on your blog or website (3 entries) 
  7. Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)
  8. Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (5 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky!
BONUS: FIVE ENTRIES: Did you get We Blog Conference Twitter Party BONUS entries????

Contest will end on June 3rd, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on june4th, and emailed. As soon as winner's info is received, the book will be mailed to the winner by FSB.

Disclosure: This book was offered to me free of charge, for a giveaway, by FSB. I wass not told what to say about it however.

Comments

  1. email subscriber #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. email subscriber #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow your blog #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow your blog #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow w google friends
    catss99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. follow w google friends 2
    catss99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. have button at catss99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. have button at catss99.blogspot.com entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Google Friend #2

    Nickolay

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twitter follower - parkerozgood

    Tweeted - http://twitter.com/parkerozgood/status/14451627450

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I subscribe to your blog.

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I subscribe to your blog.

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow you on Twitter and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14603116729

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 1c

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow you on Twitter and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14603116729

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you on Twitter and tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14603116729

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow your blog on Google Friend (Laureen M-H).

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog on Google Friend (Laureen M-H).

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  18. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14740637281

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  19. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14740637281

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  20. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14740637281

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  21. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14811450118

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 1

    ReplyDelete
  22. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14811450118

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  23. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14811450118

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  24. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14881817365

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  25. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14957619632

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  26. 5/27 tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14881817365

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  27. 5/27 tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14881817365

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  28. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14957619632

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 2

    ReplyDelete
  29. tweet
    http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/status/14957619632

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

    entry 3

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow on google friend connect
    mannasweeps (at) gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow on google friend connect (2)
    mannasweeps (at) gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail