Giveaway: Lousiana Pelican T-shirt

** THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED **



BTHM birthday button


I have never ventured much into politics on this site, as we are all aware of how touchy that subject can be, even within your own family. This being Father's Day, it may not seem appropriate either, but a) my dad's family have resided in Louisiana for over 8 generations, and b) Dad is pretty firm and outspoken on his political beliefs, so consider this post in honor of DAD....

As you are ALL well aware, our marshes are being ravashed by BP's 60,000 gallons a day, with no apparent let up in sight. Our state bird, the brown pelican, is severely endangered, as it's nests are built in these marshes. You have all seen the pictures of these innocent creatures covered in oil, this is not alarmism, but obvious fact.... (if you're squeamish, hit the end button and skip the pix below)

 Picture by casaubon, courtesy of Pixdaus.

So on this the day before my blog's first birthday, I thought it very appropriate to honor the pelican by offering for giveaway this reminder of our state and what we are loosing. Please share this contest with all your friends- if not just for winning, but to remind them of how this oil spill is affecting our wildlife and something we hold very dear.

pelican shirt
The shirt if sized Xl, which is a women's 16-18. I thought it would be more mid-range. If you're small (lucky you!), you can wear it as a nightgown! Sorry for the pix-had to use my camera phone, as I realized i hadn't taken a pix- it says Louisiana in the red writing on the shirt!

Thanks in advance for entering, and please keep EVERYONE who makes a living off the gulf, via it from the seafood, to the tourism, to the innocent animals, and ALL water life, in your prayers. Feel free to contact your congressmen.women as well, and urge them to do more than hold hearings. Get the problem solved NOW, hearings can happen afterwards and you can assign blame THEN.

RIGHT NOW we need decisions made and followed up on IMMEDIATELY, NOT 56 DAYS LATER!!

Help all of US in the Gulf South gain back our family history, culture, and means of life! THANK YOU!



The Giveaway
ONE Winners will win this t=shirt!

ENTRIES:

Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!   
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA/ Canada
 
3 day winner's rule : Winner has 3 days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 
 
Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 posts for Subscribing:
  1. Follow this blog on Google Friend (1 entry) 
  2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
  3. Subscribe to the blog (2 entries) 
  4. Signed up for the New Year, New Self Program on this Blog  on the Original Post  (2 entries)                                               
  5. Stumble this post/giveaway (2 entries)
  6. Have the “New Year, New Self Program” Button on your blog (2 entries) 
  7. Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" Button on your blog or website (2 entries)
  8. Tweet about this contest (3 entries), please include @BTHM1 in your tweet!  (this can be done DAILY for 3 entries PER day)  
  9. Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog Birthday" Button on your blog or website (2 entries) 
  10. Blog about this giveaway (4 entries)
BONUS:   Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (5 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky!

Contest will end on July 2nd, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on July3rd, and emailed. As soon as winner's info is received, I will forward their info to LifeLogic and they will mail them out to the winners directly.

Disclosure / Disclaimer:  I bought this shirt as a gift for one of my readers. Nothing was given to me by any sponsor for it's production. It is a gift for one of my luck readers only! 

Comments

  1. I am a follower and would love to win this shirt!
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I subscribe by email 1
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for new T shirts.

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. GFC follower

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a subscriber by email. Just found your blog today. From one Louisiana girl to another I love this shirt and hope that this oil spill can be resolved. I worry about reprecussions our state will see for many years to come.

    Angie
    aphillips374@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I subscribe via email (1)

    laurapita (at) live (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I subscribe via email (2)

    laurapita (at) live (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I subscribe by e-mail.

    I follow with GFC.

    Just heard this morning that the oil is coming out 100,000 barrels a day. Last night I thought of the damage that 1 barrel could do to our bedroom. Muliply that by 100,000 and think of all the under water plants, birds, fish and people who have lost family and jobs. My aches for everywhere where the oil has spread.


    CarolNWong@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I subscribe #1

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to live in Grand Isle LA. We were stationed there at the Coast Guard base. I LOVE that place and the people there and it is so sad seeing the familiar faces all over the news! I totally support and love LA! I follow via GFC
    uscgwifey at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I subscribe via email
    uscgwifey at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail