Book Review and Giveaway: That Baby Woke Me Up Again by Sherry Ellis

** this giveaway is closed **


Pretty in Pink 2011



world of ink sherry ellis banner

SYnopsis: That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN is for all those bleary-eyed families who sincerely believe that they will never again enjoy a full night of sleep. Seen through the eyes of an exhausted sibling, this book is guaranteed to bring a smile to even the most fatigued members of a sleep-deprived household. Can you count the number of nights you slept after you baby was born? Do you remember--or are you now suffering through--the cries that can mean anything from Change me now, to I'm hungry, to Time to come in and play with me? In Sherry Ellis' That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN, there's no question about who's the head of the household. It's the baby! The little darling who was born with feed-and-play-on-demand talents is making his message clear: I want you...and I want you now! Ms. Ellis understands the world of the sleep-deprived and felt compelled to write a book that might make every family's sleepless nights bearable. Thus, the first lines of the book: "I was sleeping in my bed and a dream was in my head when..." That baby woke me up, AGAIN! 

About the Author: Sherry Ellis was born in 1971 in Parma, Ohio. She is a professional musician who plays and teaches violin, viola, and piano. That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN is her first published book. Sherry enjoys hiking, running, and SCUBA diving in addition to reading, writing, and playing her instruments. She lives with her husband and two children in Loveland, Ohio.


that baby woke me up again bannerReview: This is a very cute little story! Every older sibling will be able to relate to the peace of their household sleeping being abruptly waken by a new baby sibling in the middle of the night. I loved how the author brought the story full circle with the mother telling the older sibling she was the same way when SHE was a baby, and kept the parents from sleeping! Kiddo looked at me when we read that part and said "that's why I slept in your room when I was a baby?" I was impressed that she made the mental jump from the child in the story to tales we have told her about when she was a baby!


I think this book would be a great book to read to a child BEFORE the infant sibling is born/brought home, so they are aware of what to expect! It would be a good book to give to an older sibling at Mom's baby shower too!


Giveaway:
Winner will receive this SIGNED review copy of That Baby Woke Me Up!

 Entries:
Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, 
so I can contact you,if you win! 
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA
 /Canada

           3 day winner's rule : Winner has days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 


  Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 comments for Subscribing: 
     Some entries have been combined on one line, check carefully
  • Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect (1 entry) 
  • Follow me on TwitterFacebook or Networked Blogs (1 entry for EACH) 
  • Vote for us at Picket Fence Blogs (button  on right sidebar) or at the Say Cutie Shutterfly contest!(1 entry, each)
  • Fun entry! Go to our Blog Rolls and select a blog that starts with the same letter as your email. let me know the title of one of their posts on their main page! (2 entries)
  • Subscribe to this blog (2 entries) 
  • Follow the author on Facebook (2 entries)
  • Share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter (please use BTHM1 in your Tweet!) -you can use the new SHARE and RETWEET buttons below this post!) (2 entries EACH, per DAY)
  • Stumble this post/giveaway (2 entries)  (use the new SHARE button below!)
  • Have / Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom Blog" Button on your blog or website (3 entries)
  • Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (4 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky! 
  • Told me your favorite PINK memory on THIS post (can NOT be put on this post) (4 entries) 
  • Have the Pretty in Pink Button (on right top sidebar) on your blog (4 entries)
  • Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)

Contest will end on April 5th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on April 6th, and emailed. As soon as winners' info is received, I will mail their book to them at the next mail run!




Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book for review purposes, free of charge, from World of Ink Book Tours! No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it. The giveaway book was courtesy of our family, donating it for the bonanza.



Comments

  1. I am an e-mail subscriber. +1. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an e-mail subscriber. +2. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite an entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twitter follower

    @spdls0215
    spdls0215@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. networked blogs follower

    spdls0215@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facebook fan

    fb:suzie p. santos

    spdls0215@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Email subscriber (1)

    spdls0215@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Follow the author on FB (1)

    fb:suzie p. santos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Follow the author on FB (2)

    fb:suzie p. santos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tweet

    http://twitter.com/spdls0215/status/50999322082422784

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tweet (2)

    http://twitter.com/spdls0215/status/50999322082422784

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun giveaway~
    I just started to follow this blog-

    ~Your book looks great~

    ~Katrina
    kitkatforaker@wowway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. coreybrennan26@hotmail.com
    email subscriber -1

    ReplyDelete
  14. coreybrennan26@hotmail.com
    email subscriber -2

    ReplyDelete
  15. coreybrennan26@hotmail.com
    voted on Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am an Email subscriber
    1
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am an Email subscriber
    2
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted for you today on picket fences

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leslie Loves Veggies has a Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont ~ Spice & Herb Blends Prize Package {Giveaway}
    1
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leslie Loves Veggies has a Teeny Tiny Spice Co. of Vermont ~ Spice & Herb Blends Prize Package {Giveaway}
    2
    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. abrennan09@hotmail.com
    subscribe via email -1

    ReplyDelete
  22. abrennan09@hotmail.com
    subscribe via email -2

    ReplyDelete
  23. abrennan09@hotmail.com
    voted on the fence

    ReplyDelete
  24. follow your blog via GFC
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. follow you on twitter, partymix25
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. email subscriber #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. email subscriber #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. tweet (1)

    http://twitter.com/spdls0215/status/52029587470811136

    ReplyDelete
  29. tweet (2)

    http://twitter.com/spdls0215/status/52029587470811136

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a good book! Thanks for the chance.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  31. GFC Follower

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow you on Facebook

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow you on Networked Blogs

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow Sherry Ellis on Facebook

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #1

    ReplyDelete
  35. I follow Sherry Ellis on Facebook

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  36. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #1

    ReplyDelete
  37. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
    #2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail