I don't know about you, but I grew up playing just about ALL the games out there. We had 95% of them, and as a matter fact, we still have 75% of those games! Something to be said for the way they were made! So when I heard about the new Synonyms game, centering on word usage, I was thrilled, as Scrabble was always one of my favorite games!
Synonyms is the exciting new word challenge that entertains and educates in a fast-paced and fun board game. Players race their pawns around the board to be the first to collect all the letters of the word SYNONYMS. A roll of the die and a card is selected. The timer is set and the player has one minute to earn a letter by naming the designated number of synonyms - unless a competitor declares a challenge! Minds race at maximum brainpower as each tries to top the other by naming more synonyms. Pass and challenge cards add strategy and competition to the game equalizing the odds for all players. The game comes complete with 400 cards listing over 10,000 words, color categorized according to word difficulty. It is designed for 2-8 players and geared toward ages 10 and up. With Synonyms, the more you play, the more your vocabulary grows!
Obviously Kiddo is too young for the game as it is written. However, we always changed game rules when we had younger players playing, so we did the same when we tried the game with her. By skipping the letter gaining portion, we just went around the board and picked cards based on color landed on, and gave her the simple words to come up with another name, ie: cleaning- she came up with washing and mopping. We only required one word from her. The adults had to have more words and harder ones.
I love this game, it TEACHES, is FUN and is suitable for all AGES. I love that it will grow up with Kiddo, but we can play it with adult friends and have just as much fun!
The board itself is very sturdy, the cards are heavily laminated and the box itself is very sturdy. I know this game will last and last, and Kiddo will be playing it with her friends in college!
if you;re already thinking about summer vacation ( I know, I know), this would be a great game to keep your kids on their toes and keep learning going all summer long!
I love this game, it TEACHES, is FUN and is suitable for all AGES. I love that it will grow up with Kiddo, but we can play it with adult friends and have just as much fun!
The board itself is very sturdy, the cards are heavily laminated and the box itself is very sturdy. I know this game will last and last, and Kiddo will be playing it with her friends in college!
if you;re already thinking about summer vacation ( I know, I know), this would be a great game to keep your kids on their toes and keep learning going all summer long!

Comments
Post a Comment