Sensa: Update 2.5, AKA I Feel Like an Idiot

sensa logo


As you know, I gave you an update earlier this week on how my use of Sensa, has been going. I had my annual (ok, so my biannual visit, if I'm healthy I don't see the need for unnecessary tests, just me) visit. I officially lost 13.2 pounds on my first month of Sensa! Woo hoo! Even my GP was thrilled, and she, and her nurse, want to look into using Sensa! Yup, just call me a walking advertisement! LOL!


So off onto Month 2. right?


Well yes, and no. I told ya'll I was going to start exercising and see if the loss increased on Sensa, right?


Well I did real good on Monday,aka Day 1 of Month 2- Dad and I walked about a mile and a half. I was able to keep up a good speed, and was not winded at all! Yeah! Then on the way home (we walked at the cemetary down the street- has great paths), I stepped wrong on a 'divoty' part of the shoulder grass. Had some pain and by time I saw my GP the next day, my foot was swollen. She went ahead and ran an x-ray to be sure, and advised to stay off of it as much as possible, thinking it was a sprain as well. ( Good thing I had ran errands before the doctor visit- I probably got another mile of walking in there- you know it is walking in Target and Hobby Lobby!)


Nope. She called back and advised I had to see Ortho- I had a lovely stress fracture in my foot.
walking boot


So now I am in this quintessentially fashionable (yes I was being VERY sarcastic) walking cast, aka walking boot, aka walking ton of bricks, for the next month. Bed rest and elevate foot over the weekend. Then take it easy for rest on the month til I see him again. So much for the exercise routine, it's Swiss cheese. Can't use foot for any type of exercise, due to where the break is- middle of foot. The only good thing is my ortho doesn't believe in crutches with walking boots, he thinks they cause more injuries to the good foot (which is pretty true, based on friends who have been on them). So no walking around looking like a flaying bird...


Course Kiddo was disappointed- she wanted me to get a purple cast, because it's Mardi gas, you know.....Just call her Ms. Martha....or Ms. Devil, as she's rather cross that the Mardi Gras parade is out for this weekend!


Irony #1: EVERY freakin time I get into an OUTSIDE exercise program, I have a stupid injury. I seriously think God is giving me huge signs to STAY INSIDE and work out!


Irony #2: Guess what other BTHM'er has the SAME injury? Yup, my Bobbsey Twin, Suzanne, did the same thing to her SAME foot back in October. She's still healing from hers, as she had a reinjury to it...


So, I'll be switching to upper body workouts only this month, because seriously, getting down ON the floor for ab exercises not gonna happen, cause getting UP is the problem. I'd SERIOUSLY like to know why the boot has to be so bloody heavy, it's not like you're gonna run a 4k with your leg strapped in and looking like C3-PO, right? SIGH


So much for Plan A. Hopefully, my Ortho will let me start walking again next month, as long as foot is healing correctly. Cross fingers on that one, as apparently my break was on a weakened bone. Lesson learned- if you fall down six steps and your back and foot HURT, go see the doctor. Because I apparently caused damage to my bone, which made it more susceptible to future damage, which was why I got the stress fracture so easy by steeping out of a 'divot' in the grass....


Yeah, just me, Miss Clutzy....

Comments

Post a Comment