This summer, Adventures in Odyssey is calling kids across the country to serve their families, their communities, and their world, via their program A.C.T.S.!—A Call To Serve. Your kids can join thousands of kids across the country making a commitment to serve your family, your community and even the world!
This is the perfect opportunity for when the kids say "I'm Bored" to plan a way for them to serve their community!
This is the perfect opportunity for when the kids say "I'm Bored" to plan a way for them to serve their community!
This week's call to service is just that- Serve Your World
Not sure what to have them do? Take a hint from Matthew 25: 35–36, 40
was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. . . . Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.
Food Banks, Shelters, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, all can be
places where your kids can serve others in their community and hopefully learn something along the way about respecting others!
Dave Stone, writing at Faith Gateway says: "Self-centeredness is so prevalent in our world that we don’t even recognize it anymore. (think about that for a moment before you keep reading )
We are a society of the entitled; we think we deserve whatever we have—and then some. It was true in Jesus’ day, and it’s still true in our own time: what matters most in this world are money, power, and self-exaltation.
Teaching our kids to be different, to think of others, is nothing more—and nothing less—than living out the example that Jesus gave us."
Miss Grace will be at VBS and they always collect items and money for their missions.
But we'll have time to see what we can do to serve others this week.
So what will you have YOUR kids do this week to serve their world?
be sure to enter to win the A giveaway of Imagination Station books #1-3
the Giveaway ends tonight!
be sure to enter to win the A giveaway of Imagination Station books #1-3
the Giveaway ends tonight!

Comments
Post a Comment